INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Movie stuck in series category  (Read 1171 times)

sejethomas

• Recent member
Movie stuck in series category
« on: February 18, 2015, 11:04:46 am »

Hi

As the subject says I got some movies categorized as a serie and I can't figure out how to "make" it a movie.
What is the approach to solve this?

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Movie stuck in series category
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2015, 11:14:08 am »

The Media Type for both is Video, but the Media Sub Type for one is "Movie" and the other is "TV Show".
You need to look at the Tag for each movie and most likely it will say "TV Show" so you just need to edit/change it to "Movie".

Go to Standard View > Video >Files. Right click on the column header and add "Media Sub Type" from the drop down list. Then find your movie and see what it says in that field. If it needs to be changed you can click on the file's rom to select it, then hit F2 to go into edit mode (use Tab and Shift+Tab to move around the row). Or you can use the Tags edit feature on the lower left to make changes. Which ever way you find it easier.

flac.rules

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2015, 11:42:55 am »

Hi

As the subject says I got some movies categorized as a serie and I can't figure out how to "make" it a movie.
What is the approach to solve this?

If you, like me, have a folder structure where movies are in different folders than TV-series, you can also set the atuo-import-settings to automatically tag all video from a folder as "movie"

sejethomas

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2015, 01:21:04 pm »

Thx mates. I ended up doing a bit of both. Elvis' suggestion work for the most of them, but some I had to do the hard way (as described by CountryBumkin). 
Pages: [1]   Go Up