INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to Remove Album from iPod???  (Read 1642 times)

Mike48

• World Citizen
How to Remove Album from iPod???
« on: February 12, 2015, 11:33:33 am »

I have an iPod Classic I'm managing with JRiver. I have no problems in get files them onto the iPod with JRiver Sync Handheld options.  The files are even automatically downconverted per my specs. Nice!

BUT

I can't find a way in JRiver to mark a few albums for deletion from the iPod. The popup menu doesn't have a Remove from Device entry. The Delete key does nothing. Google search or searching here turns up nothing.

Hints will be appreciated.

Mike

Mike48

• World Citizen
Re: How to Remove Album from iPod???
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 11:45:31 am »

It seems the individual tracks have a Delete option, but deleting all the tracks of an album still leaves an empty album on the device.

Dr Tone

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 11:48:14 am »

As far as I know: iTunes or through the device itself.

We should consider ourselves lucky to even have playlist syncing.  I'm certain apple would prefer to lock it so tight you have no other choice at all but use the piece of crap called iTunes.

Mike48

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 11:57:50 am »

OK, I found out that if I use a different JRiver view -- the device rather than the album list -- I can delete all the tracks of an album, and the album will also go away (from the device).  This makes it possible to do what I want.

I would still be more logical and convenient if one could delete Albums as Albums, not track by track, but at least it's possible without too much more work.

Vocalpoint

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2015, 02:31:03 pm »

OK, I found out that if I use a different JRiver view -- the device rather than the album list -- I can delete all the tracks of an album, and the album will also go away (from the device).  This makes it possible to do what I want.

I would still be more logical and convenient if one could delete Albums as Albums, not track by track, but at least it's possible without too much more work.

I use my trusty "iPod Sync" smartlist for this kind of housekeeping.

If I want specific albums to disappear - I merely drop the Sync tag via the tag editor. Then the next time I do a sync - MC dumps the albums immediately from the iPod - nice and clean.

I never actually edit anything in the Device view or anywhere else. I just let this list do the work.

VP

Mike48

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2015, 04:30:27 pm »

Hey VP,

That seems like a great method, and I went looking for the "Sync" tag, which isn't in my database.  I guess it's something you added to work with your special smartlist.  If I were starting new, I'd use your method, but having gone this far, I'm reduced to working with existing MC tools.

Still hoping someone knows a way to unmark albums rather than deleting each track individually in real time. 

Mike

Vocalpoint

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2015, 04:33:35 pm »

Hey VP,

That seems like a great method, and I went looking for the "Sync" tag, which isn't in my database.  I guess it's something you added to work with your special smartlist.  If I were starting new, I'd use your method, but having gone this far, I'm reduced to working with existing MC tools.

Still hoping someone knows a way to unmark albums rather than deleting each track individually in real time. 

Mike

It's easy to implement a "sync" list - regardless of where you are at with your iPod action. This method is most definitely worth it vs trying to edit/change anything using existing tools.

Let me know if you want some assistance.

VP

Mike48

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2015, 11:59:27 pm »

It's easy to implement a "sync" list - regardless of where you are at with your iPod action. This method is most definitely worth it vs trying to edit/change anything using existing tools.

Let me know if you want some assistance.

Thanks! If I get the time to pursue this, I'll definitely ask you.

Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up