INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 'album artist' field exits twice - lower case and upper case letters  (Read 1430 times)

Ferdi

• World Citizen

I am using MuicBrainz Picard for tagging my files. When dragging files into the client, it displays all tags that exists.
There, I can see that the field 'album artist' exists twice, with different usage of upper/lower case letters:
  • album artist
  • Album Artist

Playing around with this, I found out that MC uses the lower case field. I guess it doesn't hurt much but I'd like to remove clutter = not required tags.
I have tried displaying both fields in a library view, but didn't figure out how to (tried options > library & fields > manage library fields?).

screenshot: on the left is the album artist field in MC, on the right the two tags and values in MusicBrainz.

Has anyone else noticed this and has an explanation for this? It's not related to music brainz, since I can see this redundancy for files that haven't been tagged yet.

Ferdi

• World Citizen

Would anyone know? How do I make JRiver display both tags?
It know displays the tag with lower case letters 'album artist', but i'd like to display the 2nd tag with upper case 'Album Artist' as well, so I can clean up.

I tried with 'manage library fields', but don't get it to work.  See screenshots in my original posts for problem description.

Vincent Kars

• Citizen of the Universe

Don't think you can do this with JRiver
Try MP3Tag, its extended tag panel allows you to remove these type of tags.
http://www.mp3tag.de/en/download.html

Ferdi

• World Citizen

Thanks Vincent.
Well, that is interesting, and a bit confusing. Best look at the image I uploaded, if you care.

I edited one of the two fields in MusicBrainz so it shows:
- Album Artist = 'Mumford & Sons'
- album artist = 'Mumford and Sons'

JRiver shows
- Album Artist = 'Mumford and Sons'

MP3 tagger shows
- Album Artist = 'Mumford & Sons' in the standard field
- Album Artist = 'Mumford and Sons' in a custom field I was able to add.

I decided to not care beyond this point, since I use JRiver and it works perfectly fine. My dedication to clean up the tags has reached it's limit, and I will ignore the redundant field in MusicBrainz ;)

Pages: [1]   Go Up