INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Odd Behavior with Theater View after using JRemote?  (Read 1016 times)

Vocalpoint

• Citizen of the Universe
Odd Behavior with Theater View after using JRemote?
« on: March 01, 2015, 01:13:55 pm »

Like many here - we have a HTPC that acts as our "server" copy of MC. This copy serves up movies in the media room and also is our main source of tunes via other devices - several PC's and my iPad/iPhone that runs JRemote.

I have noticed some very frustrating behavior with the copy of MC running ON the HTPC in the media room - after accessing the "server" via JRemote. within the last ten days of so - the following would happen...

1. We would have "movie night". Fire up the HTPC in the big room. Watch a movie via Theatre View using MC on the big screen. We have the MC remote as well and always hit the big green button to return Theater View to it's default view after a movie is done and we shut down the gear for the night.
2. Then a day or two after this - I will access the "server" copy of MC via JRemote and listen to music via my iPad or iPhone. Usually an album before bed kinda thing. When the album is done - I simply exit JRemote on the iDevice and that's it
3. However - the very next time we go down to the media room and attempt to launch into a movie - instead of seeing my default Theater View - I end up seeing some graphics challenged view of MC whose Theatre View is drilled down into some strange spot in our music library - and even worse - cannot be recovered in any way by pressing any button on the MC remote. The last time this occurred - Theater View looked like it was running on a 1995 copy of WIndows 3.1 with the on screen graphics taking minutes to respond to a remote command. No amount of button pressing on the remote would work.
4. The only recourse was to reboot the HTPC - which truly annoys me at any time - but especially when the family is sitting there waiting for software to get itself together.

Has anyone seen this and exactly what is going on? I would have thought Theater View on my "media server" copy of MC should remain exactly where I leave it after every movie - onscreen in "default" Theater Mode - ready for the next movie selection to occur via remote. I also expected it to be blissfully unaware aware of ANY other access to the server by any other device.

This bizarre Theater view does not happen when I access the "media server" from any other PC to play music. And I do that like everyday.

For what it's worth - we have two zones on the media server (Audio and VIdeo) and I use the Audio zone exclusively when using JRemote. Is there a setting somewhere that is causing Theater View to throw up when the server is accessed by JRemote?

Would appreciate any info on what is going on.

Cheers,

VP

Pages: [1]   Go Up