INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MiniX Z64 Windows 8.1 + MC20  (Read 1896 times)

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
MiniX Z64 Windows 8.1 + MC20
« on: February 21, 2015, 03:34:01 am »

Hello, is there somebody that uses the new MiniX Z64 with Windows 8.1 and MC20.
I'm thinking of changing my WD TV for a MiniX Z64. This way I should be able to use MC20 just as I use it on my PC with all the advantages over streaming it with my WDTV. (poor interface etc.)

Thanks for any input...

Hilton

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MiniX Z64 Windows 8.1 + MC20
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2015, 03:53:08 am »

Im going to get one myself. :)

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 12:28:52 pm »

I have ordered one and it should arrive on Tuesday.

mobiaus

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 06:35:13 pm »

Hi 4Bye, I would love to read your commentary concerning MC20 running on the Android Z64/Win box. I am also very interested in its suitability as a JRiver media server with audio passthrough to an outboard DAC.

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2015, 12:59:00 am »

I'm happy with the Minix Z64! I had a problem straight from the box that I could fix with help on the forum. Windows wouldn't install error. I had to change a setting in the register but then it went smooth. Installing MC20 went great. I don't like Windows 8.1 but downloaded the "Classic Shell" and now it works for me.

I still have to fine-tune some settings and I have to set the Onkyo TX-NR636 in it's right preset before starting the Minix. Otherwise it doesn't play sound and I have to restart the Minix.
I'm not an expert on the technical settings and have to look into certain aspects. But so far everything works great and it beats the WD TV. I have only installed MC20 and a couple of screensavers. I have no need for other software (yet?).

I was used to bitstreaming but that is not recommended and I have to look into that too. On the Onkyo it says now PCM on the display where I had all the different sound icons like Dolby Digital, DTS, True HD in red with the WD TV. Again I'm not really familiar with these differences in settings. I would like that it plays exactly what I put in. (up till 7.1 that is) Sorry that I'm not into the technical part and settings but so far I think this works great for me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up