INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help! My burner is having problems...  (Read 1163 times)

bellipod

• Recent member
  • iPod rocks!
Help! My burner is having problems...
« on: November 11, 2003, 02:54:34 pm »

This is the first time I've ever used MC to rip and encode a CD, so I don't know what's wrong.  I found a thread on ipodlounge (http://www.ipodlounge.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8360)  so I changed the options if both the ripping and encoding to match those.  I set the ripping to match Adam's suggestions, and the encoding to match RandyP's first suggestions  - alt-preset extreme / q 0  
The problem I'm getting is that once I commence ripping, it starts, but then stops after several seconds, the CD stops spinning, and MC crashes (I have to end it forcibly, with alt+F4).  What's wrong?   ?

Here is my system info.  Oh, and I am using the external burner, drive E, in this list.  Maybe it doesn't want to use drive E but D instead (because it's internal).

Media Center Registered 9.1.291 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Unknown 1598 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 256 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1226 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive D: MATSHITA UJDA745 DVD/CDRW   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:8  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive E: CD-RW    CXR-2X40           Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re:Help! My burner is having problems...
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2003, 02:58:12 pm »

What's wrong?

your 10 builds behind, and they have updated the burner driver today maybe you should try the newest build.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

bellipod

• Recent member
  • iPod rocks!
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2003, 03:13:12 pm »

I'm trying to download it...slowest download ever!  Is something wrong with the server?  12.2 KB/sec!  I'm on a DSL connection that sucks, but it's better than that!

LisaRCT

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2003, 03:17:52 pm »

Ummm, I suspect the problem is with the encoder.

You can also try unchecking the option "Rip and Encode simultaneously" and see if is completes ripping the song before the crash to help determine if it is the Read function or the encoding that is the problem.

Try ripping to a WAV file (no encoding).
Then you can Convert it to mp3 or what-have-you later.
See if that works first, you can work on correcting the encoding issues later (if that is the issue at and).

bellipod

• Recent member
  • iPod rocks!
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2003, 03:48:19 pm »

Well, it is a problem with the encoding, but it's more than that.  I unchecked the "rip and encode simultaneously" and it was able to copy the first song, but then it said "Encoding" and froze.   I am doing it now and set it to encode to uncompressed wav and it's going through all of them, let's just hope it'll encode them to mp3s afterwards.

bellipod

• Recent member
  • iPod rocks!
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2003, 04:01:18 pm »

It is definitely the encoder that has problems, as it won't encode while ripping or once ripping is complete.

LisaRCT

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2003, 04:18:14 pm »

Can you convert it to any format at all?  Or is the problem limited to VBR mp3's?
Perhaps try a few different formats and see (make sure you do NOT have the option set to delete oriinal file after converting! so you can re-use them to test other formats)
Pages: [1]   Go Up