INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hardware based sound output profile  (Read 758 times)

flydeep

• Junior Woodchuck
Hardware based sound output profile
« on: February 23, 2015, 01:28:23 pm »

Hi - I use my JRiver HTPC as a kids/family based media center with a simple stereo audio (through TV speakers) as well as a dedicated AVR+Amplifier driven sound system (5.3 system). For the stereo audio everyday mode, I have the hdmi signal passthrough from AVR directly to TV and the TV decodes the audio. For the AVR mode, I let my AVR decode the audio completely.

There are many HD audio formats that the TV cannot decode and ends up unplayable. Is there a way I can specify when audio output gets formatted by JRiver and when it does not? The ideal situation will be when JRiver recognizes there is no "Denon AVR" (for hdmi passthrough situation) and switches to predefined audio output format. When JRiver recognizes the availability of "Denon AVR" (If the AVR is switched on this shows up a hidef audio device in Windows playback devices), the audio is bitstreamed?

Thanks.
--
Win 8.1 Pro (GTX 960, BENQ HT1075), Win 10 Pro (GTX 950, Sony KDLW900A) KVMs on Unraid 6.1.9, 8GB DDR3 +2 vCPU each, i7-4790, Asrock Z97 ex6, Denon 3313CI, Emotiva XPA5 amp, KEF Q900s, 600c, Mirage OMD15s, PSA 3x XS30SE
Pages: [1]   Go Up