INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New view with favorite ?  (Read 1721 times)

legnolpi

New view with favorite ?
« on: February 23, 2015, 04:51:01 am »

hello all .
i m new at jriver and i try to use it :).
I use JRiver only for audio on a NUC

Is there a way to add a library view where i can put some favorite album, one by one , without having to change the Rate TAG in my FLAC files ?

i want that this 'favorite' tag is keep only in the jriver database. i dont really like that the audio file are change in mass by JRiver, it is messing up my backup system :)

thanks for your help

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: New view with favorite ?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 08:56:31 am »

a very simple way without creating any new database fields would be to use the [keywords] field. Select the media (tracks or full albums etc.) and opt to show the field in the tag box -- enter something (eg; Favorites). Afterwords all you have to do is check the box.

Set a new rule in a view to include only the stuff you marked as favorites ... if you use keywords then it would be in the wizard: Keywords is any and check the term used  for Favorites. That will free up your ratings.

There are other ways to do this, but this takes 2 seconds :)

Hope this helps and Welcome to the forum :)

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 09:24:46 am »

Tools → Options → Library & Folders → Manage Library Fields
Add a new "favorites" field:

Now in your views, right-click the headers and add the favorites field.
This should give you a checkbox that you can tick to mark a track as a favorite.

Now right-click the "Audio" section of the tree (left pane) and add a new library view.
In the "Set rules for file display" section for customizing this view, enter the rule: "Favorites is 1"
You could also do this with a smartlist instead of a view, if you prefer.

ypslon

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 11:20:16 am »

Tools → Options → Library & Folders → Manage Library Fields
Add a new "favorites" field:

Now in your views, right-click the headers and add the favorites field.
This should give you a checkbox that you can tick to mark a track as a favorite.

Now right-click the "Audio" section of the tree (left pane) and add a new library view.
In the "Set rules for file display" section for customizing this view, enter the rule: "Favorites is 1"
You could also do this with a smartlist instead of a view, if you prefer.

It was not my question but thank you for your explanation.
Trying your ways lead me to a problem with translation. The field "order" is not at all new as per image (it's the 3rd time I mention this here) but now there's another one with "bookmarks". I add a field "favoritos" and I made a smartlist (right clicking "Audio" does nothing). The field "favoritos" changes to "bookmarks", I don't know why. You can see the result.

============

Problem solved. The field "bookmark" was translated as "favorito" so I changed the translation. Now I can use "favorito" and it works in a smartlist as intended.
Still I don't know why some songs have bookmarks, others don't. I can edit them but no changes are allowded... Useless.

The field random order remains the same.

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 02:45:28 pm »

The "Bookmark" field stores the previous playback position when you stop a file.
So if you stop a video 2 minutes in, the bookmark value should be 120000 (bookmark value is in milliseconds)
It is also stored for music files, but is not used. (though it will be used for podcasts)

You can name the custom field anything that you want. It does not have to be "Favorites".

ypslon

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 09:59:38 am »

The "Bookmark" field stores the previous playback position when you stop a file.
So if you stop a video 2 minutes in, the bookmark value should be 120000 (bookmark value is in milliseconds)
It is also stored for music files, but is not used. (though it will be used for podcasts)

You can name the custom field anything that you want. It does not have to be "Favorites".

I use MC for audio only (no podcasts). So "Bookmark" is useless.

I understood I could use anything. I changed the translation because I'm the one who did it.
Thank you again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up