INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Advance Syncronization to portable devices  (Read 1534 times)

delacosta78

Advance Syncronization to portable devices
« on: February 26, 2015, 12:14:04 pm »

Hi, I'm currently using JRiver Media Jukebox 14 and I've noticed something I would like to be implemented in a future version of the software and it's related to the devices section, specifically when I synchronize music to any portable device and not only to android.

I'm currently upgrading my music from mp3 to flac and since I already have all my music synchronized to my phone, everytime I upgrade a song to flac, media jukebox detect the new file and updates the music library and when I connect my phone to synchronize the new music, the software deletes the old one in the phone and updates or synchronize the new one with no problem, but what I want media jukebox to do is to update any song I modify, for example, if I change something in the id3 tag, like when I upgrade the album art, or add lyrics or fix or update any information of the tags, media jukebox detect the modified date but when I connect my phone to update those songs it doesn't do it, instead it says that everything is already synchronized or updated but that's not true, I would like to sync all the modified files but not delete the old ones in the phone because it takes more time than just overwrite them which is way more faster.

I've been trying to get another software with that capabilities but it has been unsuccessful.

TCube

Re: Advance Syncronization to portable devices
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 01:28:01 pm »

Hello
Came across a similar prblm - Find & replace VBR instead of CBR
You have to consider how many and which ID3 tags are taken into account within a smart phone moreover with tags contents (lettering, ect.)
There is a discrepancy bwt JRiver and smart phones while sync.
Thus "delete" is the way I would go for as there is no way force feed the device with tags that won't be updated or modified.
Rgds
TC

Ps MC 19.x 4 me
Pages: [1]   Go Up