INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Play Doctor in Theatre View?  (Read 2663 times)

Endless River

• Recent member
Play Doctor in Theatre View?
« on: February 25, 2015, 05:45:20 am »

I use JRiver mainly for audio in Theatre View and have edited the menu choices down to audio-related topics. I would like to add Play doctor, either as a top level choice, or an item under Playlists but I can't see how to do it. Could someone kindly enlighten me?  Thanks.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Play Doctor in Theatre View?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 08:06:06 am »

I don't think it's possible.  Sorry.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 08:13:58 am »

How I do mine:

I have a top level "Radio" entry. This could easily be a view nested under "Audio".

"Random Music", when selected, kicks off a Play Doctor playlist using the criteria last set under Play Doctor options "Set rules for files that can be included"
"Car Radio" uses the playlist group MC creates automatically when you use the buttons to save playlists. The beauty of these is that Play Doctor lists are saved as such, and behave as expected when when you kick them off.
"Online Radio" lists some direct radio streams that I have saved in my library.

To get the "Random Music" list to work, set theater view up like so:

Use the option to add an external program, and enter the following line in the "Program" field:
MC20.exe "/MCWS/v1/Playback/PlayDoctor"

For the "Car Radio" entry, use the option to add playlists, and choose the "Car Radio" group.
For online radio, I source the stream address, use File > Open URL to get it playing, go to Playing Now, right click the stream entry and import. I then set a flag called Online Radio against it. I use a field called Type for this, but you can use any field that makes sense to you. You then exclude "Online Radio" from from your normal audio views which prevents the streams from popping up in randomly generated lists and other unwanted places.

Hope that helps a little, just ask if you need more.

-marko

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 08:17:40 am »

What sets the seed when it calls MC20.exe /MCWS/v1/Playback/PlayDoctor?

That should take a &seed= parameter to decide what to play.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 08:25:57 am »

I've no idea. I set the rules as so:

and it just works. Usually within four or five skips, it's sorted itself out. Please don't break it :)

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2015, 01:29:14 pm »

I do it a slightly different way.  I have a set of shuffles that are Media Views that reference saved Play Doctor lists.
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=77395.msg524798#msg524798

Since they're Media Views, you can access them in Theater View like any other View.  You could do the same with Smartlists if you preferred.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

gappie

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2015, 11:16:12 am »

"Car Radio" uses the playlist group MC creates automatically when you use the buttons to save playlists. The beauty of these is that Play Doctor lists are saved as such, and behave as expected when when you kick them off.
For the "Car Radio" entry, use the option to add playlists, and choose the "Car Radio" group.
hi Marko,
for me that still does not work. i can make a view with car radio, but when i choose one channel from there, it wont behave as expected.. no skipping of files changing what is played after that and also not adding files after 100.

:)
gab
Pages: [1]   Go Up