INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: AV Sync - inconsistent results  (Read 11752 times)

flac.rules

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: AV Sync - inconsistent results
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2015, 03:20:16 pm »

Latency of the internal processing is largely irrelevant (unless you use the WDM driver or similar things, in which case you want to disable anything to get close to zero latency), so i'm not sure I see the point?

To be honest i haven't really investigated that many of the processing features in MC, and I am not sure what you classify as "internal", is the sync problem in this thread internal processing? Things like transcoding to Dolby Digital has a huge latency for instance, so it might be useful, but to be honest it was more "open suggestion" rather than something i really want to see as the result of thorough research from my side.

flac.rules

« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2015, 01:59:27 pm »

Did this ever get solved?

« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2015, 02:51:39 pm »

Did this ever get solved?
No, I'm still seeing this 0-2 frame variance in my setup, even in the latest builds of madVR using the DX11 path.

The good news is that a 1-2 frame variance should not be something you notice, as long as it is never early, the bad news is that it still makes setting up the delays for multiple zones a real pain any time I make a change to my DSP configuration. (each DSP adds some amount of latency)

Right now I'm having to make six adjustments any time there's a change, and each takes about five minutes of seeking and writing down the delays to figure out the max/min variance to figure out what the delay should be that will be as close to being in sync without allowing the audio to be early.

And there are still no controls for separate windowed/full-screen delays, so you just have to pick one. :-\
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up