INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What causes MCWS filekey to change?  (Read 1345 times)

flac.rules

• Citizen of the Universe
What causes MCWS filekey to change?
« on: June 15, 2015, 02:31:45 pm »

Some of the files in my library has had their filekeys changed, I don't know why, under what circumstances are the filekeys expected to change?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: What causes MCWS filekey to change?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 02:32:54 pm »

A file key is totally unique and lives for the lifetime of the file.

If a key changed, it means a file was removed and added again.

However, adding the same filename again should keep the same key.  So I'm not really sure why that would have happened to you.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

flac.rules

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 03:07:29 pm »

Hmm, weird, they haven't been removed and readded, I will se if it happens again or if its some random fluke. Thanks for the feedback.

eddyshere

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2015, 02:45:52 pm »

First sorry to hijack this thread but i would like to extend a bit the "filekey" topic. I fully control my htpc through ip with the use of a recently discovered little program called mce controller and with some mcvs commands. My remote control system is capable of two way communication so i can work with feedback.
The simplest way my system offers is to listen on an ip port and works with simple udp strings.
I can get the http answers of mcws and work with it that BUT mcws sends only on request.

Is there a way that in particular the filekey would automatically be sent when said file is played ...?

This would allow for instance to display the thumbnail on the remote of what is playing. The same would be true for position and counter...

But for this thread : i haven't seen filekeys changing

Pages: [1]   Go Up