INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Views for Theater/DNLA/Gizmo - Defining What We See at the bottom  (Read 1281 times)

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

I wonder if I'm missing something obvious....

I've set up a view in each of Theater View, DNLA views, & Gizmo view, but I can't seem to figure out how to define what the end result of each view should be.

In my specific case, the view(s) are for TV shows that I have not yet watched, so I am able to drill down from Video>Television>(Unwatched)>Season, ending up with a list of episodes.

In Theater View, those episodes are shown as [Episode] [Name] [Date]

In DNLA & Gizmo, they are simply shown as [Name].

In all cases, I have them sorted the way I want, but can't seem to find anywhere to set up what is being displayed.

Possible? What am I missing?
brad

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
Re: Views for Theater/DNLA/Gizmo - Defining What We See at the bottom
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 06:35:18 pm »

<bump>

Or maybe move me to the Remotes/Networking section, but since the question encompassed both, I thought it better placed here on the general board :)

brad

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 09:22:54 pm »

For theater view I think you have to use the "customize file info panel" option.  I'm not actually sure how to do it with the remotes (maybe it's the same?)

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 02:17:59 pm »

That does enable you to change what the theater view "info" panel shows--does a great job with that!

However, I'm wondering about the final display of the library entry's (be it audio or video) name.

In my specific example, I've got a DNLA view (and Theater View) set up as follows:

Code: [Select]
Top: Video (Files to display: Media Type = Video)
Top -1: Television (Files to display: Media Sub-Type = TV Show; Sort by Episode (a-z))
Top -2: Unwatched (Files to display: Media Sub-Type = TV Show; Watched (a custom field) is <empty>; Sort by Series, Season, Episode)
     Show Categories Series (a Library Field); Season (a Expression defined as "Season [Season]")

By the time I've drilled through the series, through the show, through the season, the final screen simply shows the name of the episode. I'd love it if we can define that final display to be something like "[Date] - [Name]" or "[Episode] - [Name]" etc....

brad
Pages: [1]   Go Up