INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Id USB Kit Installation Instructions  (Read 34229 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Id USB Kit Installation Instructions
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2015, 06:57:11 am »

Sorry for the delay.

I chroot'ed and changes to UUID but this did not change the situation. It appears the software wants to look for sda1, and as soon as I plug in the HDD, it becomes sda1. Is it possible to be able to choose the which HD to install within the ID software? Again, with just the m.2, i can install the software, but as soon as I plug in the HDD, the later defaults to sda1.

I have worked with intel on the (for the NUC i7) and there has been some bios issues. They suggest I go back to a way earlier version which has solved this problem for other with linux software.
Is this problem similar?
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=101567.0

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2016, 01:35:54 pm »

I'm trying to load the Id USB kit on a NUC6i7KYK. I have internet access and even verified by loading Windows 10 on the machine.

After selecting "Build," I get the message "Cannot find device Eth0". Any suggestions?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2016, 01:49:56 pm »

I'm trying to load the Id USB kit on a NUC6i7KYK. I have internet access and even verified by loading Windows 10 on the machine.

After selecting "Build," I get the message "Cannot find device Eth0". Any suggestions?
Try hidden function 66 which removes the network configuration and reboots.
When did you get your Id Kit?

mojave

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2016, 02:06:23 pm »

When did you get your Id Kit?
I downloaded today per link from Deanna.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2016, 02:14:45 pm »

I'm at the JRiver Id creation/repair page. I enter 66, but nothing happens. Am I supposed to enter 66 somewhere else?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2016, 02:16:52 pm »

When you boot the device itself, not from the repair stick..

That's got some wicked specs. It's possible the firmware or kernel isn't new enough for that I219-LM ethernet. I'm checking into it...

mojave

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2016, 11:42:57 am »

That's got some wicked specs. It's possible the firmware or kernel isn't new enough for that I219-LM ethernet. I'm checking into it...
I installed the latest downloaded Id USB Kit to a NUC5i3RYH and it worked fine. If you can check into the ethernet on the NUC6i7KYK, that would be great.

audiotone

• Recent member
  • music und sonst gar nichts
« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2016, 02:44:07 pm »

any chance this will work on a NUC Kit NUC6I5SYH?

will upsampling to dsd 128 via dop work fine?

as it does on my main ubuntu studio pc with MC22?

if so, I can order the usb stick...or is it possible to download an iso file so I can put it on a stick myself...would be much easier...:)
Ubuntu 16.04 LTS 64 bit
Concero HD

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2016, 04:36:19 pm »

any chance this will work on a NUC Kit NUC6I5SYH?

will upsampling to dsd 128 via dop work fine?

as it does on my main ubuntu studio pc with MC22?

if so, I can order the usb stick...or is it possible to download an iso file so I can put it on a stick myself...would be much easier...:)
Not sure about that particular model. The trouble mojave had was with the video. I've been playing with a beta with a newer driver.

audiotone

• Recent member
« Reply #59 on: November 01, 2016, 04:46:36 am »

Not sure about that particular model. The trouble mojave had was with the video. I've been playing with a beta with a newer driver.

you mean video as in watching video or just video driver?

I was hoping to use this as a headless server dedicated for jriver...so there is no video requirements then...?

I really would not mind buying (again, have already bought mc20,21,22 master licenses) a license if this would work as a headless server, remote controlled by JRemote on my Ipad...

Could you confirm this would work?...so I can buy the license/usb stick...
Ubuntu 16.04 LTS 64 bit
Concero HD

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #60 on: November 01, 2016, 09:45:21 am »

you mean video as in watching video or just video driver?

I was hoping to use this as a headless server dedicated for jriver...so there is no video requirements then...?

I really would not mind buying (again, have already bought mc20,21,22 master licenses) a license if this would work as a headless server, remote controlled by JRemote on my Ipad...

Could you confirm this would work?...so I can buy the license/usb stick...
Headless should be fine. It uses a dummy XServer in that configuration.
It's going to work the same as on your Ubuntu PC, just with MC 20 (at least for now).
Since you already have licenses, have you considered installing ubunutu or debian Jessie on the NUC yourself?
It's more work to setup the configuration, startup, headless, etc but that can be fun if you have the time...

audiotone

• Recent member
« Reply #61 on: November 01, 2016, 10:08:08 am »

Headless should be fine. It uses a dummy XServer in that configuration.
It's going to work the same as on your Ubuntu PC, just with MC 20 (at least for now).
Since you already have licenses, have you considered installing ubunutu or debian Jessie on the NUC yourself?
It's more work to setup the configuration, startup, headless, etc but that can be fun if you have the time...

Yes, I installed ubuntu studio 16.04 desktop version and mc 22 on it to start with...but was a bit slow...
now I am trying volumio and daphile...which are both working and sounding fine...but no DSD upsampling or DSD volume control as in JRiver...
A dedicated headless server witH JRiver would be my preference...then I would have it all...:)

I have plenty of experience installing all kinds of linux desktop versions and fine tuning them for my needs, mostly audio related.
However never tried any server versions...
If you could point me in the right direction, I would give it a try...

That is why I am interested in JRiver Id...ready to install and ready to work first time...so I have plenty of time to listen to music...:)

kind regards,

Tony
Ubuntu 16.04 LTS 64 bit
Concero HD

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: November 01, 2016, 10:47:02 am »

Yes, I installed ubuntu studio 16.04 desktop version and mc 22 on it to start with...but was a bit slow...
now I am trying volumio and daphile...which are both working and sounding fine...but no DSD upsampling or DSD volume control as in JRiver...
A dedicated headless server witH JRiver would be my preference...then I would have it all...:)

I have plenty of experience installing all kinds of linux desktop versions and fine tuning them for my needs, mostly audio related.
However never tried any server versions...
If you could point me in the right direction, I would give it a try...

That is why I am interested in JRiver Id...ready to install and ready to work first time...so I have plenty of time to listen to music...:)

kind regards,

Tony
Because MC is a multipurpose program, it's going to be somewhat slower than something like volumio.
The Id is likely to be somewhat more responsive than ubuntu studio simply because it's leaner and we are only using what we need to make MC work.
Still, you'd need to be able to see the functionality out of MC that you need to work with that ubuntu/MC22 solution you tried before for the hardware to do what you want with a stripped down install.
You could try installing debian jessie, we use the previous distro, wheezy but will be updating to jessie in the new year.
Installing without a desktop and then installing the dummy xserver by hand would be a start.
Alternately getting a Id USB kit for now and updating it in January would be another option...

rknox

• Recent member
ID USB Kit Download Installation
« Reply #63 on: November 01, 2016, 12:10:54 pm »

I just bought the Id USB kit and downloaded the .zip folder.   What is the procedure to create a bootable usb?   

Thanks,

bob

• Administrator
Re: ID USB Kit Download Installation
« Reply #64 on: November 01, 2016, 12:37:54 pm »

I just bought the Id USB kit and downloaded the .zip folder.   What is the procedure to create a bootable usb?   

Thanks,
Easiest and safest method:
Unzip the image then on a windows PC use rufus to write it to a USB stick >= 1GB
https://rufus.akeo.ie/

More complex for linux gurus:
On a linux box you can just use dd. Be VERY careful to make sure you are writing to the USB stick and not your system or other drive!!!

you can do
dmesg
from a prompt after installing your usb stick to see its device name:

[12691972.046888] usb-storage 1-7:1.0: USB Mass Storage device detected
[12691972.047021] scsi28 : usb-storage 1-7:1.0
[12691973.044924] scsi 28:0:0:0: Direct-Access                               PMAP PQ: 0 ANSI: 6
[12691973.045052] sd 28:0:0:0: Attached scsi generic sg3 type 0
[12691973.450897] sd 28:0:0:0: [sdc] 15482880 512-byte logical blocks: (7.92 GB/7.38 GiB)
[12691973.451995] sd 28:0:0:0: [sdc] Write Protect is off
[12691973.451996] sd 28:0:0:0: [sdc] Mode Sense: 23 00 00 00
[12691973.453083] sd 28:0:0:0: [sdc] No Caching mode page found
[12691973.453085] sd 28:0:0:0: [sdc] Assuming drive cache: write through
[12691973.456781]  sdc: sdc1
[12691973.459578] sd 28:0:0:0: [sdc] Attached SCSI removable disk

In this case my device is /dev/sdc. Note the fact that it's only 8 gigs and is removable to help identify the usb stick.
Use your device name in place of sdc below.
If it gets automounted, unmount it before proceeding.

I would then do:
sudo dd if=userid2build6.iso of=/dev/sdc bs=32k conv=sync
it will take a minute or so
when done
sudo eject /dev/sdc

And you are ready to use it to create your Id!

audiotone

• Recent member
Re: ID USB Kit Download Installation
« Reply #65 on: November 01, 2016, 01:50:24 pm »

Thanks,
Could you share your install adventure? I am planning to do the same thing...
Did I read it correct...id usb kit can be downloaded?

Kind regards,

Tony
Ubuntu 16.04 LTS 64 bit
Concero HD

rknox

• Recent member
« Reply #66 on: November 02, 2016, 10:45:51 am »

Could you share your install adventure? I am planning to do the same thing...
Did I read it correct...id usb kit can be downloaded?

I am now up and running on my own NUC5CPYH.  I had a spare SSD drive, so went this route to save a little.   When you order the ID USB kit, you will be given the option of downloading the software.  In my case there were a couple hiccups relating to an updated release of the package, but once that was resolved it all installed as advertised.  FYI, I plan to use the Id headless as an inconspicuous rendering device.

-Ralph

audiotone

• Recent member
« Reply #67 on: November 02, 2016, 01:40:32 pm »

I am now up and running on my own NUC5CPYH.  I had a spare SSD drive, so went this route to save a little.   When you order the ID USB kit, you will be given the option of downloading the software.  In my case there were a couple hiccups relating to an updated release of the package, but once that was resolved it all installed as advertised.  FYI, I plan to use the Id headless as an inconspicuous rendering device.

-Ralph
looking good...
I am getting close to order the usb stick...

thanks for your feedback.
Ubuntu 16.04 LTS 64 bit
Concero HD
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up