INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Play vs Send  (Read 1291 times)

ssands

• Galactic Citizen
Play vs Send
« on: March 02, 2015, 12:15:42 am »

I use MC primarily for audio. Of course, if I'm listening on the computer, I make sure player is selected, and choose the tune(s) from my library.

I also have a Naim Streamer/DAC connected to an external amp and speakers. When I want to play there, I select the Streamer/DAC, choose the tunes and play.

For some reason, today I clicked on the tunes, and selected "Send To..." and sent to the Naim.

Here's where things seem different. With "Send to...." it seems that MC was working as a controller. No audio processing was occurring in MC.

However, if I select the device and then play (as opposed to using "Send"), then it seems MC is acting as a Renderer and can do some processing.

Is this correct? If not, any help is appreciated.

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Play vs Send
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 09:49:26 am »

What do you mean by processing?

I almost always use send to...rather than selecting the device in the tree and using play

All of the processing (DSP) work as normal....

ssands

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 11:14:02 am »

What do you mean by processing?

I almost always use send to...rather than selecting the device in the tree and using play

All of the processing (DSP) work as normal....
I meant the DSP. It was totally bypassed and greyed out as I recall. I don't know if it has to do with the device (Naim ND5SX - a streamer/DAC) or something else.

I could post an image or two when I get home if that helps.

ssands

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 11:04:28 pm »

OK, I looked at this a bit more closely. If you look at the image I attached, it indicates that there is no MC processing. I think that may be because I created a DLNA Server for this component with Audio Mode: Original.

So, does setting audio mode to Original mean No DSP?

Perhaps that is what I am seeing.

Pages: [1]   Go Up