INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Maximum number of tracks in an album  (Read 2067 times)

Lewin

• Recent member
Maximum number of tracks in an album
« on: March 06, 2015, 05:40:42 am »

This refers to audio. I sometimes create my own compilation albums and wonder what the maximum number of tracks is that an album may contain? Is it restricted to a 2-digtit number like 99? Thanks for your answer.

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Maximum number of tracks in an album
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 06:53:30 am »

I would say no as i have several box sets that i merged together and some of them report over 300 tracks!
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 07:31:03 am »

I don't believe there is a limit; though I'd suggest using playlists rather than albums for creating a compilation disc.
There is currently no way to mark an album as a compilation for the Volume Leveling feature.

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2015, 04:19:26 pm »

I don't believe there is a limit; though I'd suggest using playlists rather than albums for creating a compilation disc.
There is currently no way to mark an album as a compilation for the Volume Leveling feature.

I believe as long as you number the tracks accordingly and name the compilation the same, MC would have no way of knowing it's a compilation and therefore the Volume Leveling per album would and does work as i have done this!
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2015, 07:22:45 pm »

The issue is that when you create a new album of disparate tracks pulled from different albums, the individual tracks are very likely to be at different volume levels.

Album-leveling mode is designed to preserve the differences in level between each track on an album.
So if you have a track with an average level of -10 LUFS, and a track with an average level of -30 LUFS, there will be a 20 dB difference between them if you add them to a custom "album".

If you added them to a playlist, rather than creating an album from those tracks, track-based leveling would be used, so the first track would be attenuated by -13dB and the second would be boosted in volume by +7dB so that both at the leveling target of -23 LUFS.

You cannot use the existing "compilation" tag, because many compilations crossfade tracks into one another so they must all be played at the same level.

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2015, 11:12:44 pm »

If you label the compilation album as a "Podcast", the volume leveling will work fine.

Lewin

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2015, 05:43:47 am »

Thanks a lot for all your valuable and informative answers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up