INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Disconnect USB DAC  (Read 2710 times)

streamerguy

• Junior Woodchuck
Disconnect USB DAC
« on: March 03, 2015, 07:02:41 am »

I'm using JRiver on a PC connecting to a Marantz NA-11S1 DAC using USB.
When I power off the DAC, JRiver comes with a pop-up and I need to login to the PC to start playback again after I have powered on the DAC.
Of course I can first stop JRiver before powering off the DAC, but this is not very convenient.

I have been testing using Volumio on a Raspberry PI 2 which is connected using USB to the DAC as well. I connect to Volumio from a JRiver server using DLNA. If I power off the DAC, I don't have to do anything. If I power on the DAC, I just hit play in JRiver and the music starts at the exact point as were I powered of the DAC. Very nice.
The point is that I discovered that JRiver sounds slightly better than Volumio unless both are bit perfect which I can't explain.

So is there I way to keep the USB port alive when the DAC is powered off ?
Or is this a windows issue and is JRiver for Linux not suffering from this? (Because Volumio is linux as well).

Thanks.

streamerguy

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Disconnect USB DAC
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2015, 05:14:57 pm »

Nobody is facing this issue?

streamerguy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 04:38:54 am »

I still have this annoying "feature". Can someone tell me what to do to prevent this?

Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 07:28:53 am »

I don't understand this:
"When I power off the DAC, JRiver comes with a pop-up and I need to login to the PC to start playback again after I have powered on the DAC."

How are you using MC?  With DLNA? 

And what is the error.

Logging into Windows?

streamerguy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2015, 06:27:40 am »

Hi Jim,

Currently I'm using MC through DLNA, but I want to buy a NUC and install MC on Windows and use USB to connect to my DAC. Before I wanted to buy the NUC I was doing some testing using a laptop connected through USB. I also use JRemote.
But if I power off my DAC, windows loses the USB device and MC as well as it was playing and pops up an error. (can't remember the exact error). So instead of selecting a song with JRiver I need to log into the laptop and click away the error before I'm able to play anything through USB again. If I stop MC before powering of the DAC, it's not a problem.

So my question is if there is a way to prevent this? As I said in my first post, using Volumio this doesn't happen. I push music from MC to Volumio using DLNA and if I power off the DAC, I just have to click play again in JRemote and it even resumes at the exact same point in a track when the DAC was powered off. So the user experience using Volumio is perfect, but I want to move to MC because I discovered that it sounds better.

If you have more questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up