INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Messy "Recent Albums" After JRiver Update  (Read 1483 times)

jefersonstutz

• Recent member
Messy "Recent Albums" After JRiver Update
« on: March 08, 2015, 06:26:07 am »

One think that is really annoying is frequently when JRiver applies an update all my Recent Albums sort becomes messy.

Please provide guidance to us to preserve this order, I use Recent Albuns 98% of my time and as soon as I know there's no way to change that.

If this will remain forever, Maybe a feature of Make It Older and Make it Recent can solve that.

Thanks

Jeferson

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Messy "Recent Albums" After JRiver Update
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2015, 07:03:19 am »

You can set any sort you want by right clicking on the view's label on the left.

You can sort to a view you like by clicking on the labels at the top of each column.

Dr Tone

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 08:22:33 am »

jefersonstutz, I've noticed the same thing.  JRiver seems to reimport albums that were already added to the collection.  I've seen it happen quite often when JRiver is updated but I've also seen it just happen randomly as well.

To stop it from happening I unfortunately had to change the importer setting "Fix Broken Link Option" to Off.  "Yes Protected Files" no longer works properly and has been broken for me for some time in v20 of Media Center.  It used to work perfectly in v19.

Unfortunately, if you don't use Media Center for tagging and ripping this is a pain, because you have to turn it on periodically to fix and deletion or folder renames you might do.

Hope this helps.

jefersonstutz

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2015, 09:43:24 am »

Thanks Dr. Tone, you know how bad is having that. Thanks for the tip.

Jim, I'm using your suggested feature for the last few days but the result is not the same sorting as we have with Recent Albuns, using Date Import.

The bug still persist randomly when JRiver is updated.

Would be great if that could be fixed.

Thanks

Jeferson
Pages: [1]   Go Up