Devices > JRiver Id -- Hardware by JRiver

NUC for ID - JRiver stock model or later version?

<< < (2/3) > >>

JimH:
The USB Kit Id isn't a boot stick.  It's a build stick.  You can use it to make an Id.

You could use other NUC's, but for audio, there is no significant reason to do so.

Otello:
I recycle this thread as my question is similar...

I just ordered the USB kit, (it's more convenient - shipping&custom - for people living in Europe) and I'm considering the last models of NUC; can somebody confirm the new models are compatibles?

http://www.Intel.com/content/www/us/en/nuc/products-overview.html

Thanks
Marco

bob:

--- Quote from: Otello on March 13, 2015, 01:44:59 pm ---I recycle this thread as my question is similar...

I just ordered the USB kit, (it's more convenient - shipping&custom - for people living in Europe) and I'm considering the last models of NUC; can somebody confirm the new models are compatibles?

http://www.Intel.com/content/www/us/en/nuc/products-overview.html

Thanks
Marco

--- End quote ---

The ones we've tested are the DN2820, DE3815, D54250 and NUC5i3MYHE

The first 3 work as is the last one requires a somewhat newer build that's just about ready to go.

Ferdi:
thanks Otello for resurrecting my question :D
And thanks Bob for the answer - I am glad you chimed in. I had already given up after the previous replies.

Otello, it would be awesome if you could share experience with what ever NUC model you share!

phoscu:
Hello,
I'm just wondering why everybody is just talking about convenience and power saving factors. The Id seems to have a great advantage over a standard HTPC in terms of noise and jitter due to its stripped down application and an external power supply. Is there any information about the Id's performance in comparison to a dedicated windows server with JPLAY? Does the standard NUC have an advantage in this regard to more powerful NUC's?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version