INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Online Media Slideshow issue with some movies  (Read 1148 times)

Ashfall

• World Citizen
Online Media Slideshow issue with some movies
« on: March 09, 2015, 03:22:48 pm »

I'm having an issue with Online Media Slideshow when the movie name contains Director's Cut, Special Edition, etc.  In these cases, no background art is shown.

Some examples:

Alien (Theatrical Version)
Alien³ (2003 Assembly Cut)
RoboCop (Director's Cut)
Superman (Expanded Edition)
Terminator 2: Judgment Day (Special Edition)

In all of these cases, if I remove the parenthesis portion, the background art works.  But I like to put the "Edition" in the title for many moves.

Is there a solution for this?  Can the slideshow omit the portion in parenthesis when doing a search, or otherwise accommodate it so artwork can be displayed?  Or is there another field that can be used to store the "Edition" information?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Online Media Slideshow issue with some movies
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 03:55:51 pm »

Coming next build:
Changed: Made TheMovieDB image lookups in Theater View ignore the phrase in parenthesis at the end of the title (so Alien (Theatrical Version) will just look at Alien).

This would break titles that actually have a (...) in them, but I can't believe there are many (any) of those.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 04:41:56 pm »

Matt's change means you can keep naming items the same. However, if you ever want to drill down to the various release versions in JRiver, it is helpful to create a new library field called Release Version. This way you can make a view that lets one click on the cover art for a movie and see the various releases in the library.

In "Tools > Options > Theater View > Appearance > Customize File Info Panel" you can create an expression for the movie name that combines the Name field and the Release Version field.

Ashfall

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 04:45:25 pm »

Awesome, thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up