INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Played hi-res music with MC for windows but my DAC still shows 44.1k  (Read 1024 times)

gibby

• Recent member

Hello, I'm new to this forum and I just bought JRiver MC Master, installed and excited, but when i started to play my hi-res music library thru my Geek Pulse DAC, it still shows that it's playing at the sample rate of 44.1K??? please help!!!

alglove

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Played hi-res music with MC for windows but my DAC still shows 44.1k
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 02:19:59 pm »

Hmmmm, here are a few things to try.......

Make sure you have downloaded and installed the drivers from LH Labs:

http://www.lhlabs.com/support/geek-pulse.html

In the JRiver MC audio options, choose "LH Labs Geek [WASAPI]" as your default device, and in the device settings, make sure "Open device for exclusive access" is checked. This will give MC full control of your Geek Pulse DAC, and bypass the Windows mixer. I suspect you may be going though "Direct Sound" or not giving it exclusive access, so Windows is downmixing the audio output to 44.1k.

Finally, LH Labs has put together an article about more tweaks you can do with JRiver MC, such as bitstreaming DSD to your Geek Pulse DAC. Check it out here:

http://support.lhlabs.com/support/solutions/articles/5000556098-using-jriver-media-center-with-geek-pulse-setup-and-user-guide

ken-tajalli

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 02:45:59 pm »

Have you set the output device correctly?
You need ASIO or WASAPI going into your dac, otherwise windows would resample it for you!
tools>options>audio>audio device 
Uncompressed music on PC - Hugo 2 & DX7 pro - Meridian Poweramp,  Sonus Faber Grand Piano

gibby

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 05:41:07 pm »

Thanks guys! the link to lhlabs helped and now is working...so happy! thanks again ALGLOVE and Ken-tajalli.
Pages: [1]   Go Up