INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I jump to playng now then cover view automatically?  (Read 1780 times)

DBB

• Junior Woodchuck
Can I jump to playng now then cover view automatically?
« on: June 28, 2015, 12:41:11 pm »

I notice in general options, I can when I hit play jump to display view or playing now. I would like to jump to playing now then cover view. Is this possible?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Can I jump to playng now then cover view automatically?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 05:20:33 pm »

I understand the option you're asking about:  Options > General > General > Jump on Play (audio) .

I *think* by cover view you mean one of the views on the left under Audio.  Maybe Albums or Artists?  Those both show album covers.

But what do you want to happen?  I'm not sure what you mean by jump to one and then the other.  Exactly what are you trying to achieve?  With more information, we might be able to help.

Brian.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2015, 05:25:54 pm »

I understand the option you're asking about:  Options > General > General > Jump on Play (audio) .

I *think* by cover view you mean one of the views on the left under Audio.  Maybe Albums or Artists?  Those both show album covers.

No. Cover View is one of MC's View Modes.

There's probably a MCC. But I don't know what it is off of the top of my head.

EDIT: There is. It is linked from the View Modes article. So, you can script it.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

DBB

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2015, 08:11:44 pm »

I think you are telling me I need to do some custom programming. I am not a programmer. Basically, I like the look of cover view mode when playing a file from"Playing now" . I get a picture of the cover with the files to be played underneath.  I know under options>general>behavior>jump on play, I can select display view, but I want to select cover view. I think one of the gurus should be able to help me.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2015, 09:11:57 pm »

Sorry. There is no built-in way to jump to Cover View directly when you play a file. This is the first time I've heard that request... Ever.

You can hit Control+5 to jump directly to Cover View, if that helps. Scripting it to happen automatically would be challenging, as you'd have to run something all the time and "listen" for playback events.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up