INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why doesn't my "find duplicates" SmartList work?  (Read 1170 times)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Why doesn't my "find duplicates" SmartList work?
« on: March 14, 2015, 09:05:44 am »

I used the standard "duplicates" Smart List and added media type Video but it is not finding all the duplicates (it did find one in "media type Video". But there are at least two more). What am I doing wrong?

The two duplicate TV episodes shown below did not get listed on the Smart List (shown in bottom photo)

Here's the smart list I'm using:

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Why doesn't my "find duplicates" SmartList work?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 10:40:30 am »

What's the artist value?  It's possible if they're both blank, it wouldn't trigger the duplicate check.  I'm not sure how the logic works.  Remove artist from the check in the smartlist to test that theory.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

CountryBumkin

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2015, 11:34:37 am »

Yes, that was the key. I removed "Artist" and the smart list works.

I just copied the "find duplicates" expression from the Wiki and added the Media types Video and TV - but obviously I don't know how these expressions work.
It's odd that it worked for one TV Show (i.e. the top row shown in the screenshot) and not the other duplicate TV shows.

Thanks.

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2015, 12:00:54 pm »

You'd be best to make a separate smartlist to find dups for each media type!

You can choose any field to look for the duplicate.  For video files there isn't an "artist" unless you are using the field for some purpose of your own, but it's possible it got filled from the Rip/download database. 

If one of the dups has a value in artist but the other doesn't, the expression doesn't consider them dups as its testing "if artist is equal, Then if name is equal, then they are duplicates". This is necessary for audio files but for TV you may want [series] instead of artist. 

CountryBumkin

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2015, 02:49:12 pm »

Your right. That's what I ended up doing.
Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up