INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Saved Home Movies from camcorder not viewable under HOME VIDEOS menu  (Read 2156 times)

tonyh0626

I have just started using JRiver MC20 for Windows and I was so impressed with it's feature rich user interface that I decided to buy a master license. It's working out well so far with my media for the exception of one thing
that is troubling me. I have a folder full of home movie clips on my HTPC  I saved of my family taken with a Sony Handycam. Half of the files are in .mts format and the other half in .mpg and with numerical labels from
the Handycam eg.(0001,0002 and M2U0001,M2U0002,...etc.). I want to label them properly but I haven't found the time to do so. When I add this "Home Movies" folder I configure it as an Auto Update folder and when it's finished adding it I noticed that there only viewable in the files tab under video but in the Home videos tab in Standard View it's empty. It says there are no files to dispay in this view. Wouldn't the home movies I imported show up under the Home Videos tab? In theater View, instead of my home movies showing up under the Home Videos menu, JRiver places them under the menu labeled "Other". Isn't the Home Videos menu in theater view
for that purpose? If it's something I'm doing in error, could someone explain how I can display my home movie collection under the "Home Videos" menu in theater view if it's possible. Thank you
in advance.

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Saved Home Movies from camcorder not viewable under HOME VIDEOS menu
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 01:43:54 am »

check your tags....Media Sub Type would need to be Home Movies!

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Library_Fields
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

dmac6419

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 08:12:53 am »

What he simply saying is he wants to put his home movies in the home movie folder
[PS why would I wanna tag home videos anyway]

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 08:17:24 am »

Tools → Import → Configure Auto-Import
Edit the folder that your home movies are stored in to automatically apply the tag Media Sub Type: Home Video

tonyh0626

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2015, 02:25:27 pm »

Thank you all for your suggestions. Family man here, very busy with little time. Will try all your suggestions when I get a chance. Thank you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up