INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Library Update  (Read 3493 times)

alice

• Recent member
JRiver Media Library Update
« on: March 12, 2015, 06:00:05 pm »

All,

Would there be a way I can schedule the auto update on the library ?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRiver Media Library Update
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 10:10:38 pm »

"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

alice

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 10:52:17 pm »

Thanks will give it a shot.

alice

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2015, 05:31:16 pm »

I did give it a try, but seem to have not done it right.

Can someone send me a little detailed instructions for setting up a schedule for auto import for the latest version of JRiver for Windows on a windows 8.1

Vocalpoint

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2015, 12:42:51 pm »

Can someone send me a little detailed instructions for setting up a schedule for auto import for the latest version of JRiver for Windows on a windows 8.1

There is no concept of a actual "schedule" for this.  It's not possible to specifically set the app to "Auto update @ 2:00pm" for example.

If you turn it on - it just happens in the background at an interval defined by the app.

Hope this helps.

VP

alice

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2015, 04:48:21 pm »

There is no concept of a actual "schedule" for this.  It's not possible to specifically set the app to "Auto update @ 2:00pm" for example.

If you turn it on - it just happens in the background at an interval defined by the app.

Hope this helps.

VP

Then this should be built into the app, Update in the background seems to stutter my music replay, we should be able to shcedule this outside of our listening hours.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2015, 05:41:33 pm »

There is no concept of a actual "schedule" for this.  It's not possible to specifically set the app to "Auto update @ 2:00pm" for example.

This is not correct.

There is an example in the wiki guide I linked above that explains exactly how to do this in Windows.  I used Windows 8.1 to make the example.  The example runs it every 45 minutes after login, but you could do it at specific times if you'd like.

Then this should be built into the app, Update in the background seems to stutter my music replay, we should be able to shcedule this outside of our listening hours.

It is a very rarely needed capability.  Almost all users who don't know exactly what they're doing should just turn on Background Scanning.  It works better, and has much better performance characteristics.  But, if you need to (usually if you have a NAS that doesn't support Filesystem Events) then you can.

If you need help, please post a screenshot of your Scheduled Task setup (in particular, the Action Tab), and I'll help if I can.

alice

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2015, 05:45:53 pm »

This is not correct.

There is an example in the wiki guide I linked above that explain exactly how to do this in Windows.  I used Windows 8.1 to make the example.  The example runs it every 45 minutes after login, but you could do it at specific times if you'd like.

Hi,

Can you then paste me some instructions on getting auto update scheduled to run between 4-7 am everyday?

I tried to follow the wiki but don't think I've setup the task correctly.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2015, 05:46:22 pm »

I edited my reply.

alice

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2015, 05:50:27 pm »

I edited my reply.

Much Appreciated.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2015, 05:55:21 pm »

Background Scanning happens at a very low priority, and shouldn't cause problems with playback.  Even if it does, it only happens when new files are detected, and otherwise leaves your disks alone.  So, I'm skeptical that this is really the cause of your stutter.

The only possible exception is if you have the Analyze Audio tasks enabled (or maybe the Build Thumbnails).  If your media disk is slow, or your computer is underpowered, these can be troublesome.  Try disabling those options if they're enabled (none of which are by default, I believe).

alice

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2015, 06:24:18 pm »

Background Scanning happens at a very low priority, and shouldn't cause problems with playback.  Even if it does, it only happens when new files are detected, and otherwise leaves your disks alone.  So, I'm skeptical that this is really the cause of your stutter.

The only possible exception is if you have the Analyze Audio tasks enabled (or maybe the Build Thumbnails).  If your media disk is slow, or your computer is underpowered, these can be troublesome.  Try disabling those options if they're enabled (none of which are by default, I believe).

Firstly, All music runs on a NAS. jriver is running on a fanless PC with SSD for OS only.
I stream hi def music like DSD.
I do download quite a lot hi res music and therefore new music is added daily, I need to build thumbnails as its required for my Android app for me to easily identify the album, I don't run analyze audio.

Hope this info helps.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2015, 07:04:07 pm »

Then yours is a use-case where this might be handy.

Post the screenshots of your attempt, and I'll help out.  The only difference for you compared to the guide is that you'll do the trigger scheduling part of it differently (step #2 in the guide).  Instead of setting Begin the Task to At Log On, you'll set it to On a Schedule.  Then, set the setting to Daily, and pick the time you'd like it to run:

Otherwise, it should match the instructions given in the guide exactly (and you don't do Step 8 at all).

alice

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2015, 04:52:50 pm »

See attached.
I have attached an export of the task too.
Appreciate your help.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2015, 05:50:06 pm »

You have it pointed at the wrong program. Not Media Center 20.exe.  Mc20.exe.  Not the same.  Type it exactly as it says in the guide. Don't use the Browse button.

Pages: [1]   Go Up