INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MP3 CD help please  (Read 1650 times)

goose

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
MP3 CD help please
« on: October 03, 2003, 10:22:44 am »

I am trying to burn MP3 CD's to play on my car stereo using MC9. My first attempt was successful, but alas, I don't remember what settings I used. I have been installing the latest beta upgrades as they become available, and now when I burn an Mp3 CD it will not play in my car, but it will play on my computer.

My car deck is a Kenwood mpv6022. The manual gives the following information:

Acceptable Media Formats:
ISO 9660 Level 1
ISO 9660 Level 2
Joliet
Romeo

"MP3 written in formats other than the above may not be successfully played and theit file and folder names are not properly displayed."

I suspect the above relates to my problem but can't find the info I need to make it work. Can someone help me please?

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
Re: MP3 CD help please
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2003, 12:18:54 pm »

MC burns data CD's using the ISO 9660 format (both levels, with or without Joliet). When you go to the burn screen after selecting Data CD format, click on the Options button. Now pick Settings, then the Advanced ISO Options button. You'll then see your choices.

10-27

goose

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2003, 11:48:46 am »

Thanks for the reply xen-uno. It turns out that my problem was that my CD player will only function with 50 or fewer folders per CD........the mp3 cd I was trying to play had 60+ folders. This raises another question..........How can I tell how many folders a playlist contains before I try to burn it to a CD, and what methods are usable for manipulating the folder structure of a playlist before burning. I can't seem to find where playlists (other than smartlists) are stored on my hard drive to even view the folder structure.
Thanks for your help......

jleerigby

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2003, 11:35:39 pm »

You need to select settings before you burn and change the Folder naming convention to something suitable for the disk you are burning.  If, for example, you are burning a load of random tracks there is no benefit in having an Artist/Album folder structure - better to put them all in the root.  If burning several albums then a folder structure of Artist/Album or possibly even just Album would be best.
Pages: [1]   Go Up