INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I can't find a ripped DVD to start using MC for DVD Library  (Read 1226 times)

Urbanito

• Galactic Citizen
I can't find a ripped DVD to start using MC for DVD Library
« on: March 18, 2015, 01:54:23 pm »

I ripped today my first DVD using MC.
The problem is that it was ripped but I can't find it.
When I rip music CDs, they all go under Music and I can get them on the music Library.
How to do with DVD now and later with Blu-Rays?
Please explain on an easy way.
Thanks in advance,

urbanito

BernhardS

• World Citizen
Re: I can't find a ripped DVD to start using MC for DVD Library
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2015, 02:30:19 pm »

In Tools > Options > File Location > Ripped DVD Video you can define the  location and  Folder rules
I will explain that whenever I want a thing, and Mrs. McWilliams wants another thing, and we decide upon the thing that Mrs. McWilliams wants—as we always do—she calls that a compromise

THE McWILLIAMSES AND THE BURGLAR ALARM  (Mark Twain)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2015, 02:40:32 pm »

The movie rip was probably just "tagged" wrong. The Tags (the "Media Type" and "Media Sub Type") is what tells MC what type of media (audio, movie, etc.) you have and where to display it.

There are a couple ways to find your new rip. Try this; go to Standard View, and open the Playlists>Smart Lists and open "Imported this Month". That should show your new media. See if the Media Type is "Video" and the Media Sub Type is "Movie".

When you rip DVDs and BDs, you should rip them to a dedicated folder (or drive) and setup the Auto Import to automatically tag the new rips to the correct type.

To do this go to Tools>Options>"Library & Folder" then click on "Configure Auto Import". This is where you tell MC to monitor the folder (or drive) where your DVD and BD rips will go. Say you create a new folder called "Movies" on your D:/ drive (i.e. D:/Movies), you would add this folder to the "watched folders list" then you select the folder (D:/Movies) and click on Edit, now you can apply an "option Tag". In this case (for DVD and BDs) you would add the tag "Media Sub Type:Movie" form the drop down list. Then all future rips will be automatically tagged so they end up in the "Video" Media Type and "Movies" Media Sub Type.

Urbanito

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2015, 04:56:12 pm »

Hello:
Thanks a lot for your support.
I found the movie on Libraries>Videos>DVD Movies (a folder that I have created).
I went to MC and configured Import to look to that folder. When I pressed Finish, after checking all the steps, the movie was not imported or, if it was so, I don't know where it is.
Is necessary to create a Folder on MC? If yes, Where and how? Will it be well visible, like Audio?
Please take into account that my windows is in Portuguese and sometimes is difficult for me to follow your instructions.
So, please, explain me what to do on a step by step basis, in order for me to do what is expected.
I will remain very grateful.

Kind regards

Urbanito

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2015, 05:11:11 pm »

Hello again:
Outside of the other questions, can you let me know where can I find "Watch Folders"?
My Laptop has only Disc C.

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2015, 08:42:42 am »

Tools>Options>Library &Folders>Configure Auto Import.  The folders shown in the box "Folders" are the "watched folders". These are the folders MC will watch for new media, then import that new media into the library.

The basic steps for your new DVD rip collection is this:

1) Go to Tools>Options>File Location  and under "Ripped DVD Video" (and Ripped BD Video) add the folder where you will save the rips to, such as "Libraries\Videos\DVD Movies" (MC will use/enter the full file path). This is where you rip/save your movies. It can be on the C: drive or a NAS or anywhere. Remember that the Library (the MC program) is the database and it is usually on the C: drive, the actual media files (movie rips) can be on a different drive or a NAS or anywhere. You just need to tell MC where the files are located.

2) Go to Tools>Options>Configure Auto Import and select that same location ("Libraries\Videos\DVD Movies") and then MC will "watch" that folder location for new rips and auto import them when something new is added.
This is also where you can tell MC to set the "Media Sub Type" for any media found in this folder to "Movie" (in your case).
To do this you highlight (select) the folder "Libraries\Videos\DVD Movies" then click the Edit button, and click "Add button" for "Apply these tags (optional)" and select "Movie" from the popup box.

I hope this explanation helps some.
Pages: [1]   Go Up