INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: critical error [solved by reinstall]  (Read 1270 times)

pfm555

• World Citizen
critical error [solved by reinstall]
« on: March 18, 2015, 06:39:00 pm »

I have been getting this critical error for the last week. It seems to be happening when there is an update.The following module has failed to load. C:Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center20\Media Center.exe It has reported the following error. A JRiver Media Core Component failed to load the product info file C:Program Files (x86)\JRiver\Media Center20\Data\Default\Resources\Options.xml. Please reinstall the latest version. When I try to reinstall it says a component failed to load and will not let me reinstall. the only way I have been able to get it to reinstall is to rename the JRiver folder to JRiver.old. Then it has been reinstalling but this is now the third time I have had this happened. I am running windows 8. No new software has been added. I am only having this issue on my main computer running as the server for JRiver. any suggestions on what may be causing this would be appreciated.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: critical error
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 11:25:03 am »

Honestly it sounds like something that would happen when you install a modification.

Do a full install and don't modify it.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

pfm555

• World Citizen
Re: critical error
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 08:59:34 am »

Thanks Matt. I am sorry I should have posted what I did but have been out of town on business. I uninstalled and deleted all jriver folders that I could find with the exception of the backup folder. I even had a jriver 19 folder that I was not aware was still on my computer. I then reinstalled and for the first time it went through the initial popups asking what files I wanted to associate with JRiver. Since I did this I have not encountered any more errors.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: critical error [solved by reinstall]
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 09:23:32 am »

Thanks for letting us know, and I'm glad it's working.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up