INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Convert to Flac?  (Read 1079 times)

Captor

• Citizen of the Universe
Convert to Flac?
« on: March 30, 2015, 08:12:46 am »

Hi
I have imported wav files and would like to convert them to Flac. How can I do that?
When I am ripping from a CD it will be flac so that settings is OK. But I do not know how to convert to flac when import music files such as wav.
Do I have to do the conversion in Foobar before importing to MC or can I do that in JRiver as well? Eiter after or during importing?

Thanks in advance.
JRiver for music

Arindelle

Re: Convert to Flac?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 08:34:55 am »

sure you can do that with JRiver ... from main menu Tools=>Advanced Tools=>Convert format.  Select the files first of course

If you want to do this before importing,  use the internal "explorer" under Drives and Devices in the Tree on the left of your screen (have to uncheck to view files not imported to library).

Make sure you configure the options first :) (you could set the path for one that is already watched in your auto-import setting too)

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 09:20:02 am »

Alternatively, right click on selected album(s), select Library Tools then Convert Format.

Captor

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 09:49:00 am »

Hi
Thank you very much both of you. It worked very well. I only used the first suggestion and that worked just fine. Good to know that I can do that before importing as well.
Thanks!
JRiver for music

Arindelle

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 11:42:42 am »

glad it helped, thanks for posting back :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up