INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't open files from Explorer or start playback from WebGizmo/JRemote  (Read 1672 times)

Bccc1

• Junior Woodchuck

Hello,

i've got a strange behaviour of mc on opening files from the explorer:
Fokus on Playing now & Empty Playlist -> double click mp3 -> Dialog "There is nothing to play."
Fokus on Audio & Empty Playlist -> double click mp3 -> Playback of first group (Multiple Artists) from active View
Right click -> Media Center -> Play / Add to Playing Now / Replace & Play lead to the same result in both situations
WebGizmo and JRemote also show the same behaviour.

Playback started from the views works fine and I can drag files in the playing now list.

Do you have any idea how to fix this? This hasn't always been like that, but I don't know what I changed.
The only setting I could find related to this is General->Behaviour->Double-click: Replace Playing Now (all), changing that didn't do anything.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!

I double-click an MP3 and it starts playing no problem.

I wonder what could be different?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

leezer3

• MC Beta Team

Have you recently uninstalled/ installed an older version (MC18 / 19 etc, not a 20.0.xx version)?

If so, doing this could have confused MC as to which version should be used.

First thing to try is a straight over the top reinstall of the most recent build from the top of this board and see if this helps :)

-Leezer-

Bccc1

• Junior Woodchuck

As I installed Windows in September 2014, I think MC18/19 never were on the current system. If I remember correctly I installed MC20 right after the OS and upgraded to the MasterLicense in January. I'm on the update channel "Latest", installed one skin, Modern Cards:Duo, and set up my views and zones. That are all changes I remember.
I just installed 20.0.87 via express install over the existing installation. It didn't solve my problem.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

As I installed Windows in September 2014, I think MC18/19 never were on the current system. If I remember correctly I installed MC20 right after the OS and upgraded to the MasterLicense in January. I'm on the update channel "Latest", installed one skin, Modern Cards:Duo, and set up my views and zones. That are all changes I remember.
I just installed 20.0.87 via express install over the existing installation. It didn't solve my problem.

Right-click a file and pick Open With > Choose Default Program.

Make sure you've selected MC20.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Bccc1

• Junior Woodchuck

I've already tried that. MC20 is the default program. It's not like MC didn't react to opening mp3s, it just doesn't start the file but starts either the active playlist/view or gives an error "There is nothing to play."

Bccc1

• Junior Woodchuck

Ok, my fault. I actually did change something but forgot about that. I set up some Zoneswitch rules wich seem to be the cause. At least if I deactivate ZoneSwitching it works. But I don't understand why these rule have that effect:

Display NameSpeakers
Engage when File matches this search-[Filename]=[live:////ipc"
Play in this ZoneSpeakers
Stop Playback in these zonesSpeakers Loopback

Display NameJRiver Driver Speakers
Engage when File matches this search[Filename]=[live:////ipc"
Play in this ZoneSpeakers Loopback
Stop Playback in these zonesSpeakers

And the same for Headphones and Headphones Loopback.

I would understand if incorrectly set up zoneswitching rules lead to playback in the wrong zone or no playback at all, but playing back something different is absurd (to me). Can somebody explain this and how to fix it?
I made two logs, if that helps helping me ;)
JRiver Log 2015-03-26 11-30-56: Empty Playing Now was active, resulted in "Nothing to Play"
JRiver Log 2015-03-26 11-28-41: A view was active, resulted in playback of first album in the selected group in the active view.
Pages: [1]   Go Up