INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I view episode info scrolling through disks w/in Theater View  (Read 1030 times)

cgott42

• Junior Woodchuck

I have Seinfeld season DVD sets. So for example Season 2 has 3 discs that are ripped to JRiver.  They've all been tagged with the name "Seinfeld_S2" so in theater view all 3 disks show up under one icon (which is what I want).  However, when I click on that icon, it shows me 3 new icons to choose from (representing the 3 disks) - however there's no info when you scroll through them to identfy which one contains episodes 1-5, whcih 6-10, etc.  I've entered the episode info so in the standard view you see them - how do I get it to show in theater view as I scroll through them?  I looked in Options|Theater View but didn't see anything.

thx

cgott42

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: How do I view episode info scrolling through disks w/in Theater View
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 10:16:39 am »

Any suggestions?

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 12:08:32 pm »

I rip my discs to individual episodes, so I don't know for sure, but I think if you search for 'particles' it will get you some more info.

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 01:48:06 pm »

If you have multiple disks ripped to MC (showing as one entry) you should give each disk a unique name (like "Seinfeld S2 E1-5", and "Seinfeld S2 E6-10", etc.). You can use any name/description in the "name field" that you want to see in Theater View.

The Series will still be "Seinfeld" so that won't affect grouping. In the Season tag you would use "2" for Season 2, and in the episode tag you would put "1" for disk one (even though it is really episodes 1 -5). At least this way when you look at the icon in Theater View it will have a name that tells you what episodes are included.

The problem with ripping the entire disk and using the disk's menu to select the episode to watch is that you can't get the episode metadata (description of the episode, date aired, etc.) since MC looks up this data by Series name, Season number, and Episode number. As musicman0 suggested, you would be better off to rip each episode individually to MKV.
Pages: [1]   Go Up