INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playing flac files with the server input on Yamaha Aventage receivers  (Read 6143 times)

Podiumman

I just got MC and downloaded some high-rez flac files from HD tracks. I have an RX-A2030 Yamaha Aventage receiver which can play certain files from the local area network; they say in the manual it does Flac files. The receiver finds the flac files, but then I try to play a file and it gives me a message saying, "no content."  :( Any ideas?

prerich

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Playing flac files with the server input on Yamaha Aventage receivers
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 03:06:27 pm »

I just got MC and downloaded some high-rez flac files from HD tracks. I have an RX-A2030 Yamaha Aventage receiver which can play certain files from the local area network; they say in the manual it does Flac files. The receiver finds the flac files, but then I try to play a file and it gives me a message saying, "no content."  :( Any ideas?
If you are finding the files via the receiver - you are taking MC out of the picture. The files would be played back from the server to the receiver.

From what I'm hearing - you need to point MC to the files - tell the pc to play the file in MC and then, however you have you PC output to your receiver - that's the input you need to be on.

How do you have your pc connected to your receiver and what are the details of your setup?

Ninouchka

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 05:18:20 pm »

I have the Aventage RX-A3010, my HTPC (JRiver client), with an RME external USB DAC, is connected with the analog outs
to the multi analog inputs of the aventage (7.1 surround), and I use the HDMI out of my videocard 460GTX to the Aventage (video only)
and select in the Aventage menu : input multi for audio and HDMI in from videocard for video, the HDMI out 1 of
the Aventage goes to my Panasonic Plasma HDMI in.
JRiver plays everything, maximum at 24bit 192kHz multichannel. Very low latency with the new RME fireface with ASIO setup.
FLAC, SACDR ISO, etc.
If I could connect my Cambridge Audio BluRay/SACD/DVDA player via HDMI to my HTPC with some pcie card, that would be super,
than JRiver would control everything.

emovac1

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 02:25:03 am »

I also have an RX-3010 Aventage I use as a multichannel preamp.  The AVR will appear as a renderer in the upper left hand column of the JRiver MC Playing Now menu.  my AVR is limited to 96k per the manual, but my unit is a couple of versions older than yours.

check your DLNA Media Network selections.   you might want to assign the Audiophile 24 bit DAC (Tools>Options>Media Network>add configure DLNA servers)

on the Playing Menu where the AVR is listed, right click, and assign the correct DAC (if you have more than one assigned).  give that a whirl.  had a similar problem with a Bryston renderer not wanting to play hi-res tracks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up