INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote audio streaming error  (Read 1505 times)

okvaal

• Galactic Citizen
  • Appreciate your life
JRemote audio streaming error
« on: March 18, 2015, 03:13:14 pm »

Yes, I DO know I've been posting this same topic recently. JRemote on my iPad refuses to play SOME OF the CDs that I've ripped to mp4 using Media Center. "Audio streaming error. There was a problem playing the current audio file". Converting these albums to another format (ie. FLAC) will solve the problem, but as I want the files to play in iTunes as well, it is not a good solution.
So: could someone please tell me where I could address this problem, to solve it once and for all, as I suppose it is not one of these things that does not have any solution at all? (As it seems nobody here are able to suggest what should be done.)

MarkCoutinho

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRemote audio streaming error
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 01:38:48 am »

I've got the same problem ('audio streaming error') since a couple of days. I've been using JRemote quite awhile now with no problems and nothing's changed on either iPad, computer or Wifi, so I haven't got a clue what might be the cause of this problem.
Anyone?
Mark Coutinho
Dutch Top 40 collector of lyrics, sleeves and bios

Arindelle

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 06:31:27 am »

So: could someone please tell me where I could address this problem, to solve it once and for all, as I suppose it is not one of these things that does not have any solution at all? (As it seems nobody here are able to suggest what should be done.)
Well I'd suggest posting it in the forum for JRemote => http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=37.0 so that the developer can read it. I doubt Robert has the time to reads every post on other boards. This forum is for windows version of MC. Don't forget its the weekend too.

In the mean time there are plenty of other formats to choose from (better? I'll leave that up to you) .. mp3 on a high variable bit rate or at 320k or ALAC (apple lossless). Make sure that what you have ripped to mp4 were not m4p protected files too, which of course will not play and could explain why some will and some will not play.

okvaal

• Galactic Citizen
  • Appreciate your life
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2015, 11:46:31 am »

Ooops, I'm sorry, this wasn't meant to be posted to the Windows group at all.
But when you say: "Make sure that what you have ripped to mp4 were not m4p protected files too", I'm not quite sure what you mean. How do I know this? I'm using the ripping tool in MC to rip directly to ALAC in these problem cases.

Arindelle

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 07:27:17 am »

But when you say: "Make sure that what you have ripped to mp4 were not m4p protected files too", I'm not quite sure what you mean. How do I know this?

ah my bad :-[ I don't know why I said ripped. Should have just said make sure they are *.mp4 files and not *.m4p files. No one of course is going to rip a protected DRM file  ;D

I'm using the ripping tool in MC to rip directly to ALAC in these problem cases.

Maybe I misunderstood. If you have a mp4 files they are already compressed. Converting them to ALAC is just going to make them bigger (and a generational loss too I believe). Might as well use Mp3 - itunes reads those too. Mp4 as a container is used mostly for video. If you are re-ripping from the CD to ALAC thats the best way to go. Can always have MC convert a copy to a lossy format for your phones/ipods and things.

If you have n't already I repost though in the other forum. Say with a subject trouble streaming mp4 to JRemote on my ipad
Pages: [1]   Go Up