INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BD into MC20  (Read 2252 times)

Melbro

• Recent member
BD into MC20
« on: March 27, 2015, 02:35:23 pm »

Hi, I'm a newbie who's as confused as ****. I bought MC20 to run my custom build pc audio into my hifi. Absolutely brilliant !!! but I can't play BD audio through MC20. I now seem to have to configure something to something else to use the PowerDVD 14 that is installed already as the means of enabling BD read. I've had some years of using FFshow FLAC codec in WMP, which seemed on forums to be blamed for the crashes endured on a regular basis and I don't want to go back there, thank you very much. The CD sound through MC20 is superior to the BD sound through PDVD14 for certain and I would like the MC20 benefits to be apparent on BD audio too. I don't do video: full stop. So, be gentle, how do I set this thing up please?

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: BD into MC20
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 07:07:25 am »

I believe the issue is that the BD (audio and movie) have copy protection. So you can't directly play the disk in MC without removing the copy protection first.
Most people use SlySoft's "ANYDVD HD" program. You install the program then leave it running in the background and it will remove the copy protection "on the fly", or you can use the program to copy the disk to your computer without protection.
http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvdhd.html

Melbro

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2015, 08:23:24 am »

Hi, I am using Windows 10 as an Insider very sucessfully but ANYDVD HD won't load to it. I've re-installed DVDFab which the custom builder used to prove the BD worked. That plays the BD in AAC @ 128kbps. Hardly worth the effort!! The MC20 can be persuaded to see the disc only by initiating rip, clicking play when the album is displayed and then it drops the ball. Media type 'Video' not supported messages.

Anyone any experiences that can help please?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2015, 08:40:41 am »

Did you try AnyDVD support?  That, or the equivalent, must work before MC can do anything with a BD.

Melbro

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2015, 09:58:16 am »

Hi,

They acknowledge they aren't ready for Windows 10. I started a bun fight online by asking!! A mod invoked RULES as the advice was peppered with "it's a BETA" type responses. Either way they thanked everyone for the input, realising they have work to do. July 2015 is the readying date when everyone will get W10 'free', MS say, so it's going to be interesting.

BR
Mel
Pages: [1]   Go Up