INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stuttering sound on playback of Flac files  (Read 1027 times)

johny123589

Stuttering sound on playback of Flac files
« on: March 28, 2015, 06:18:29 am »

Hello,

Lately during playback of flac files playback is stuttering. It happens on my flack files and also on different versions on MC. I thought that the files are corrupted but I made chekdsk and the hard disk seems to be OK. The weird thing is that if I repeat the same track that previously had this problem playback is smooth.

Any idea?

Thanks

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Stuttering sound on playback of Flac files
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 06:40:05 am »

this could have a lot of reasons ... but does this only happen on some of your FLAC files? are you playing the files from a client pC?

If so, it could be the files are corrupted, yet playable. These would not showup with chkdsk. If this is the case I have a utility I could link you to to find out. Just have to run now. If they are secure rips however, probably not the case or you would have had an error.

johny123589

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 07:48:37 am »

Hello Arindale,

Thank for your quick and helpful answer. I would appreciate if you could give the link to check if my flac files are corrupted.

Looking forward to your reply.

John

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2015, 08:24:29 am »

sure here you go => http://www.vuplayer.com/other.php its just called audio tester; Its pretty fast too, open windows explorer and just drag and drop your main music folder and let it go

If you do see errors, especially if they say "Truncated" -- you are actually missing some of the original. Sometimes it could me inaudible but they will still play,  sometimes they won't play at all,  sometimes they won't import in JRiver. so its worth re-ripping if you can,  regardless, as they are not bit-perfect rips.

Of course that is not necessarily your problem  :D

Welcome to the forum!
Pages: [1]   Go Up