INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Switching Computers  (Read 1171 times)

somebike

• Junior Woodchuck
Switching Computers
« on: March 27, 2015, 10:49:07 am »

I will be moving JRiver to a new computer.  Will I be able to retain any customized playlists, smartlists, etc.?  Thanks in advance for any assistance.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Switching Computers
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 11:27:24 am »

Yes. Just make a library backup and restore it on your new machine. If your drive letter has changed for the drive you store music on it will require one more step but it is not difficult. Check out "moving files" in the wiki.

somebike

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 03:44:28 pm »

Back up and restore went well.  However, the new machine sees my NAS drive, which has TB's worth of files, as being in a different location and I cannot figure out how to change the file location.  For example, all of files should now begin with a path of \\WDMYCLOUD\Public\Shared Music\...  Is there a way to globally change the path so it will find ll of the individual folders in the right place?  Unfortunately, I could not figure this out from the Wiki.  Any help is appreciated.   Thanks.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2015, 03:50:35 pm »

Yes, select all of the files in the library. Right-click>Library Tools>Rename, Move and Copy files. Choose "update database to point to new location." Deselect all of the boxes except for "Find & Replace." The rest is sort of self-explanatory but you'll want to find the original location (i.e. E:\Music) and replace it with the new location (\\WDMYCLOUD\Public\Shared Music\). Make sure everything looks OK in the preview pane and then click OK.

somebike

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2015, 04:22:52 pm »

Okay.  To get that option in the menu, I had to go to an individual file.  The method worked, but just for that song.  How can I select the entire library? Thanks again.

somebike

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2015, 04:44:08 pm »

Thank you Brian.  I was able to highlight the folder and use F6 and it appears all files have been converted.
Pages: [1]   Go Up