INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: earlier 20.xxx versions download?  (Read 1762 times)

patented_licks

• Junior Woodchuck
earlier 20.xxx versions download?
« on: March 29, 2015, 07:14:25 am »

Is there web page to download earlier release versions of MC 20? Thanks.

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: earlier 20.xxx versions download?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 07:52:47 am »

Usually you can just replace the version numbers in the download address with the version you are looking for.
So http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v20/latest/MediaCenter20008X.exe repalce the "X" with a lower version number.

But you can only go back so far because JRiver came out with a new Master Licence which changed some fundamental internal programming so versions before that release are no longer available.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 08:56:57 am »

Further to CB's comment, your other option is to simply scroll back through the forum pages and look for the various releases. The plus there is that you can review the release notes.

Some of the builds are beta releases. You may not be able to grab those. I'd suggest sticking with the official releases to avoid picking up any quirky behaviour.

The other point to note is that MC saves updates in your user area (sorry I'm on my phone so I can't accurately remember the file path). That option can save you waiting for a download.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

Arindelle

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 08:58:56 am »

you also have "x" number of version updates stored depending on your settings. I think you can storeup to 50 of them. Look under help=>Update Channels=> downloads to keep. You can open the download folder from there too double click and it will reinstall. I think it defaults to 5 or 6 updates, not sure.
Pages: [1]   Go Up