INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sorting issue - must be simple but I've been struggling for ages!  (Read 1056 times)

pedalhead

I've been trying to work this out for months but fail every time, so I figured it was time to ask for help!

Attached is a screenshot of my main view.  I've got the albums sorted by Album Artist ok, but I want to sort the albums within each artist by year, oldest first.  I've tried all sorts of futzing in Customize View & just can't get it to work.  I've also attached a screen scrape of the view settings.

I'd be very grateful if anyone can suggest how to get this "sorted"  ;D.  Cheers!

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Sorting issue - must be simple but I've been struggling for ages!
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 02:41:30 am »

In the main browser view, click through to any artist... when all the artists album thumbnails are showing... click the downward triangle in the tab next to Artists->Albums... click Sort By -> Date (oldest first).  In the File list panel click on the down triangle and Group By -> Album

This should now present both view sorted by albums (oldest first)...

pedalhead

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 03:49:11 am »

Thanks for the reply!  I'm afraid I'm falling at the first hurdle..."click through to any artist".  My main display lists all albums separately (which is how I want it...no stacking), so I'm not sure how I go about clicking through to a specific artist.  I've tried various permutations of your suggestion but clearly just can't wrap my head around this  ?

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 04:13:13 am »

Ah, sorry I misread your post.

OK, how about this:

Click the down arrow on Artist-Album in the tab header...

Sort By->Custom

Add:

Album Artist (auto) (A-Z)
Year (A-Z)

That will display all albums sorted by Album Artist (auto) and then by Year within each Album Artist (auto)

pedalhead

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 04:19:53 am »

Bingo!  Thanks so much...works a treat  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up