INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: zone switch  (Read 1464 times)

pfm555

• World Citizen
zone switch
« on: March 29, 2015, 12:49:52 pm »

I have been having problems with my computer. The problem, every time I opened MC the computer would reset. After uninstalling and  reinstalling multiple times with no solution I decided in my dumb ass infinite wisdom to remove all files from MC including the backups. Finally found the problem to be the power supply but the damage was done with the deletion of the back ups. When I first set up zones I found it to be pretty simple but for whatever reason I cannot get it to work properly. I have two zones, player and outside. I use outside zone strictly for music. Just to be clear if I switch manually to outside it does work. My issue is with zone switch. I currently have it set to with outside to engage when Media type = audio and set to play in outside and not play in player. I have player set just the opposite with Media type = video and set to play in player and to stop in outside. Outside is first /on top in zone switch. When I had it working correctly if an audio file was played it would send to outside and if I chose to watch a movie inside then it would play and the music would continue outside. If is stopped the movie then the music would play both inside and outside. Nothing happens in the present state.

pfm555

• World Citizen
Re: zone switch
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 02:00:11 pm »

I would like to clarify "Nothing Happens in the present state" in an effort to get a response. What I meant was that zone switch does not change zones when the different media types are played. Any suggestions of what I could try to fix this would be appreciated.

kstuart

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 02:05:00 pm »

Two things (either or none could apply, depending):

1 - ZoneSwitch will not change zones automatically in the middle of a playlist, it only does so at the start of a playlist

2 - ZoneSwitch has an "Enable ZoneSwitch" checkbox that may have been unchecked at some point by accident.

pfm555

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 02:41:29 pm »

Thanks for the response. I will make sure when I get home tonight that I am starting the playlist to test if this will start the zone switch. I do know that the switch was enabled. One additional question, in the zone switch rule does the "display name" need to be the same name as your zone or can it be any name you want.

kstuart

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 03:41:35 pm »

Thanks for the response. I will make sure when I get home tonight that I am starting the playlist to test if this will start the zone switch. I do know that the switch was enabled. One additional question, in the zone switch rule does the "display name" need to be the same name as your zone or can it be any name you want.
To clarify, what I am saying is that if you have a playlist with 8 items, only the first one will switch the zones, the other 7 items will all play in the same zone, even if they would otherwise do so.

So, for example, if you have a playlist with 4 stereo tracks, and then 6 multichannel tracks, the multichannel tracks won't switch the zone (to a multichannel setup).

AFAIK, the display name is just the rule name, you can have more than rule that switches to a particular zone.

pfm555

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 01:12:13 pm »

thanks again for your help. Starting the playlists did work. One final issue, when I had this set up before I deleted all jriver backups I could play music in the outside zone and watch a movie on the player zone. Both zones would continue to play. Only one zone will play in my current set up meaning if I play an audio file then it will play outside zone and if I play a video file it will play in the player zone. The audio does not continue to play in the outside zone as it did before. It turns off when the video starts playing and vice versa. Should I remove the  each of the zones from the  "not play" in zone switch?

kstuart

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2015, 05:07:43 pm »

Yes, logically, to have more than one Zone play at once, you need to remove any command to stop it.

pfm555

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2015, 07:18:23 am »

Thanks for your help. Everything is working now with removing the stop command from both zones.
Pages: [1]   Go Up