INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: renamed and relocated files  (Read 1467 times)

Z0001

• Citizen of the Universe
renamed and relocated files
« on: April 09, 2015, 07:21:31 am »

Hi

I just renamed and refiled a whole bunch of video files after I had looked up tag data. But now I see that the cover art which is in the same folder as the video file has not been renamed, but does appear to have been refiled, and so does not show up eg in theatre view.

Is there a simple way to resolve this. dont want to re-lookup tags and then go through, find old-named cover art and delete it.

thanks
Z

ferday

• MC Beta Team
Re: renamed and relocated files
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 07:25:17 am »

If you select all the folders and then right click>cover art>find in directory

That may work, at least it won't cause any harm and you can do it all at once

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 07:29:26 am »

This is quirk in the rename tool I discovered myself yesterday.  To get the correct behavior with sidecar files and cover art files, you need to uncheck the box labelled "Move all Files in Folder (including all non-imported files)."  

I know that sounds counter-intuitive, but the issue is that those files are technically "not imported" but the normal rename behavior (with the box unchecked) grabs them and renames them because they're JRiver created files, but if you enable the "move all" it just moves them without renaming them.  Try it and you'll see what I mean.

Z0001

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 07:56:31 am »

Thanks for that. Useful for next time, for now though looks like I've got to do a manual job!

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2015, 08:00:38 am »

Thanks for that. Useful for next time, for now though looks like I've got to do a manual job!
If they were previously named in a predictable way, you could move them back to where they were with the box checked, and then move them to the correct location with the box unchecked, instant fix if they had a predictable name before.

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2015, 08:17:25 am »

It's a bit quirky but now I'm used to it I kind of like it...it has had the effect of forcing me to adopt a better workflow anyways

Z0001

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2015, 08:06:45 am »

This is quirk in the rename tool I discovered myself yesterday.  To get the correct behavior with sidecar files and cover art files, you need to uncheck the box labelled "Move all Files in Folder (including all non-imported files)."  

I know that sounds counter-intuitive, but the issue is that those files are technically "not imported" but the normal rename behavior (with the box unchecked) grabs them and renames them because they're JRiver created files, but if you enable the "move all" it just moves them without renaming them.  Try it and you'll see what I mean.

This has been very helpful. Thank you.
Z
Pages: [1]   Go Up