INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please MC Team, better subtitles  (Read 1251 times)

instigator

• Junior Woodchuck
Please MC Team, better subtitles
« on: January 06, 2015, 07:52:37 am »

Hi, would be possible to configure JRiver in order to use another subtitle renderer than the default (like the XySubFilter), because personally I watch anime and I like to override things like fonts, styles, etc and your subtitle renderer doesn't allow that. But please I want an answer.
Thanks.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Please MC Team, better subtitles
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 09:44:48 am »

Sorry, but it won't be possible in the short term.

If you describe exactly what you're looking for from the subtitle engine, we might make some progress.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

instigator

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 02:20:13 pm »

Ok, thanks for being honest.
I don't know if you ever use ffdshow subtitle render or the xysubfilter render, but both allows you to "override" subtitle styles (I mean the font, color, shadow, shadow type, position) and JRiver own renderer don't. When you watch something who has an awful subtitle style, this is a must have. Honestly I like the way JRiver handle videos, is plain simple, except for subtitles, so I'm forced to use other video solution.
Hope you guys can add this features.
Thanks.

instigator

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2015, 11:55:43 am »

Any news about this implementation? I'm waiting for using JRiver as my total multimedia app. I'm tired of MPC-HC :-[

Ninouchka

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2015, 04:19:50 pm »

plus 1

I asked in the past, color and positioning would be great in subtitles options. But I do understand that other
things are more important. For now I change the height by right clicking on the playing movie,
and I add the color codes inside the .srt files with notepad, a lot of work but I like it this way.
I will no longer ask for this  ;)

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2015, 12:19:34 am »

It seems that the subtitle engine is suitable for most people who are just trying to watch a film where the spoken dialog is in a foreign language, or if they are deaf/hard of hearing.
But people who are watching content where there is a lot of text on-screen that is being translated requires a much more complex renderer.

Though I would still like to see improvements to the built-in renderer (font rendering with SRT fonts is ugly) it seems like an option to disable the built-in renderer and use XySubFilter instead would solve these issues for anyone watching content with complex subtitling - at least until the internal renderer is on-par.

Though I'm not sure if it ever will get to that stage, since XySubFilter has a group of people working on it that are dedicated to subtitle rendering, while it's not a high priority for the JRiver team.

instigator

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2015, 02:16:55 am »

Yeah that would be nice!!! Any dirty way to replace the subtitle render now?

Fabith

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2015, 05:37:39 am »

Something like this?

Pages: [1]   Go Up