INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Send to" to MC when it is in the TRAY?!  (Read 1608 times)

masterjoe

• World Citizen
"Send to" to MC when it is in the TRAY?!
« on: April 03, 2015, 03:14:35 pm »

So there is a function in JRiver Media Player that allows to send a video to its DLNA renderer via a DLNA control point. Then the video / audio is played back by the MC's player.
HOWEVER the player is neither activated nor displayed not to say fullscreened. Especially when the player has been minimized to the tray area.

I want to have the following behavior when I send a video to the MC renderer:

- Show the player window no matter where it is (tray, visible, minmized etc.) on the desktop.
- Display the player FULLSCREEN when "play to" (DLNA renderer) is used (optionally).

So MC shall react as if it were a Smart TV's DLNA renderer. These guys also play back a video when I send it to them.

Is this possible somehow?

masterjoe

• World Citizen
Re: "Send to" to JMP when it is in the TRAY?!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 05:21:58 am »

So it is not possible, right?

kstuart

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
Re: "Send to" to MC when it is in the TRAY?!
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 12:18:40 pm »

It's funny because a few days ago, someone was desperate to have "never display the player window" in that same situation.  ;)

It seems like there should be some control implemented over the display of the player window.

csimon

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 03:10:05 pm »

I wouldn't say desperate, but it would go some way to making it look like a professional media system, operating just as you expect it to operate, i.e. play the video, without windows popping up here and there and exposing the workings of the system. In fact, just as the OP pointed out, exactly how a TV's renderer works. It simply plays the video without any fuss. MC can't do it without having the desktop user interface displayed and also, if you have multiple zones, it doesn't work even then, the video doesn't get played (as display view only works in the currently active zone, which DLNA controllers, MC clients, and Gizmo cannot change).

masterjoe

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 08:35:24 am »

Yes, behaving like a Smart TV would be perfect - but I do not even expect that!

What I expect is that JMP shall support a mode where it does the following on DLNA "play to":

- display the main window in fron of al other windows (no matter if it is currently in the tray or not)
- maximize the main window (so that no controls remain visible and the videos covers the full screen)
- play back the "played to" video as quick as possible

However when JMP is in the tray area (invisible that is) it does not display ANYTHING. You can HEAR the video but you dont SEE it! Strange behavior!

Still my question is: is the described scenario (see above) feasible somehow? And if so: How?

masterjoe

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2015, 07:04:10 am »

So... is this mode planned / thought about / whatever?

Can someone from the developers pls post any hints?
Pages: [1]   Go Up