Devices > JRiver Id -- Hardware by JRiver

Id running, but: no Media Network option? Two IP Addresses? Can't connect to it

(1/3) > >>

Ferdi:
I got my Id running, sort of. It did run for a day, in fact, and I enjoyed JRemote.
I run Id as a server.

(Since using my PC to change a few music files on the NAS?,) I seem to have problems connecting to Id, both with PC (loading Id's library) and JRemote.

Both devices try to connect with two different IP addresses:  192.1681.142 and 24.6.96.199.
And in fact, on the ID, the menue item 'media network' is missing.

JRemote shows me an error log, including connections status for both IP addresses "Could not connect (Error: ConnectFailure (Connection refused)).
It then goes to jriver.com to get new addresses, sending a total of 4 mac addresses.

Any idea how to fix this, and maybe even what might have caused this?

thanks!

[EDIT]
Just noticed that when booting, the system throws 1 fail:
'[FAIL] startpar: service(s) returned failure: hostname.sh mchostname.sh ... failed!]'

Ferdi:
Never mind. Use error. I had turned off media server in the 'services' menu. Not very intuitive though.

Ferdi:
Bummer. That only solved my JRemote connection.
My PC still can't connect to the Id's library, neither with the access key nor with the IP address (192.168.1.142:52199). Any hints?

JimH:
As you found, Media Network needs to be activated on both devices.

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Media_Network

Failing to connect is sometimes due to firewalls.  Our wiki has a topic on Network Access.

bob:

--- Quote from: frefrefri on April 04, 2015, 11:25:50 pm ---Bummer. That only solved my JRemote connection.
My PC still can't connect to the Id's library, neither with the access key nor with the IP address (192.168.1.142:52199). Any hints?

--- End quote ---
What's the access key?
You may have to reset it and get another.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version