Devices > JRiver Id -- Hardware by JRiver

Id running, but: no Media Network option? Two IP Addresses? Can't connect to it

<< < (3/3)

bob:

--- Quote from: frefrefri on May 03, 2015, 10:29:48 pm ---hi Bob,

Since I returned, I swear I was able to load the Id's library from my desktop once: but not again.
Regardless, I just discovered that the library on my PC has the same access code as the library on my Id. Is that supposed to be that way?
If not, could the problem come from copying the library file from my PC (a back-up, to be precise) to the Id, and use it there as the local library (via restore)?

On my I devices, I am still happily using JRemote to access the library on Id.

Wrt your questions:
- Media Network is enabled on PC
- i had turned off the firewall for a short while, it did not make any difference.

--- End quote ---
They definitely should NOT have the same access code and I'm sure it came from copying the library.
Just reset the access code on the Id and request a new one (in the Media Network Options).

Ferdi:
hm, just how exactly do I do that? I tried:

* turning off media network by unchecking the box 'use media network to share...', in the options > media network tree.
* turning on again by setting the flag again in that checkbox (is that what you mean by 'request'?).
* The dialog says 'start server and request for an access key'. I hit next, and it then shows me the exact same access key again.  ?

I did the same on my PC - with the same result. The library re-creates the same access key on both Id and PC.

bob:
In the media network options there is a "reset access key" choice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version