INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Top songs of the last month  (Read 1289 times)

newHAPPYuser2015

• World Citizen
Top songs of the last month
« on: April 05, 2015, 12:02:59 pm »

Is it possible to create a smartlist that would sort songs by number plays (z-a) accrued in the last 30 days?

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Top songs of the last month
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2015, 12:16:40 pm »

you can use the import button and copy/paste this. It will only order songs in reverse number of plays (ie least to most), and only least songs played at least once. More conditions could be added of course but basically its just a sort order based on last played, it could be date imported or whatever

Code: [Select]
[Media Type]=[Audio] [Last Played]=<30d ~sort=[Number Plays]-d
not sure what you mean by accrued  did you mean total "cumulative" number of plays - just indicating what was listened to in the past 30 days?

newHAPPYuser2015

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2015, 12:28:12 pm »

Just an example

Let's say I have 2 songs:
1) song A (overall number plays as of now = 100)
2) song B ( overall number plays as of now= 50)

And let's say in a month's time I will have listened to song A 50 times and to song B 99 times.

So I want these songs listed in this hypothetical smartlist sorted by most played like that(one month from now):
song B 99
song A 50

Arindelle

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2015, 12:56:10 pm »

Just an example

Let's say I have 2 songs:
1) song A (overall number plays as of now = 100)
2) song B ( overall number plays as of now= 50)

And let's say in a month's time I will have listened to song A 50 times and to song B 99 times.

So I want these songs listed in this hypothetical smartlist sorted by last played like that(one month from now):
song B 99
song A 50

what I posted will do that, but because it is a smartlist every day it will change if you listened to the file in the "next" defined period; you said most played not last played, btw. It can't tell what you will play "one month from now" It what you have played 30 days before. If you want to fix a date you could do that (but it not really accrued) You would then need a smartlist for each month. Or change the fixed date once and at the end of the month update the fixed dates.
Code: [Select]
[Media Type]=[Audio] [Last Played]=03/01/2015-03/31/2015 ~sort=[Number Plays]-dthe problem is that the total plays number is going to go up in the following month and will affect the list 'cause its "smart" :D
like song B =99 on march 31 but if it was played 15 times in april its going to read 114 regardless of the date you show (it doesn't know the dates of the playback just the number of them and when they were last played.

What you could do is export it to a playlist at the end of each month. not automatic. But at least it wouldn't change

I suppose it would be possible to create a custom field called Date played , and only use the dates for a particular month, to yield just the monthly plays and not the cumulative plays ... that would be a mess to do, but I suppose its doable as a list -- sort of unwieldy if you listen to particular songs alot.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2015, 01:25:55 pm »

Is it possible to create a smartlist that would sort songs by number plays (z-a) accrued in the last 30 days?

I haven't read this whole thread because I'm running off, but I think I understand and the answer is no.  It only tracks the most recent time each song was played, and the total number of plays, not a "statistic over time".  So it doesn't know how many times each song was played in the last 4 days, or 30 days, only the grand total since it has been imported.

So, you can construct a search that shows only songs that have been played at least once in the last 30 days, sorted with the ones with the most total number of plays on top.  But it can't tell you a stat of how many times a song has been played in the last X days.

The only realistic way to generate that kind of stat would be to track date/time stamps for each play, which MC does not do.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

newHAPPYuser2015

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2015, 01:38:52 pm »

I haven't read this whole thread because I'm running off, but I think I understand and the answer is no.  It only tracks the most recent time each song was played, and the total number of plays, not a "statistic over time".  So it doesn't know how many times each song was played in the last 4 days, or 30 days, only the grand total since it has been imported.

So, you can construct a search that shows only songs that have been played at least once in the last 30 days, sorted with the ones with the most total number of plays on top.  But it can't tell you a stat of how many times a song has been played in the last X days.

The only realistic way to generate that kind of stat would be to track date/time stamps for each play, which MC does not do.

Yeah, that is what I meant. Okay then
Pages: [1]   Go Up