INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mark video do not delete  (Read 2329 times)

Castius

• Citizen of the Universe
Mark video do not delete
« on: April 06, 2015, 01:10:54 pm »

How are people managing their recorded videos, they do no not want to be deleted?

I feel like i should just be able to tag it quickly with do not delete. Or something like that.

Thanks

CountryBumkin

Re: Mark video do not delete
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 01:47:21 pm »

I remove the "delete" option in Theater View (there is a setting to hide it) so no one can delete anything. Later I can delete from the "Standard View" where I do all my file maintenance work.
No one else but me uses Standard View. But if your family/friends use Standard View, you could make the folder where its kept "read only".

Castius

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 09:26:01 pm »

I have subscriptions that are set to delete shows after a certain amount of shows or time.
I want to overwrite those automations

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 12:41:47 pm »

This is another use of "run a program immediately after end of recording".

In this case, it would copy the file to an archive folder or drive.

I often do that manually for something of particular value, and it would save time to be able to set MC20 to do this automatically for some programs.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 11:17:10 am »

I have subscriptions that are set to delete shows after a certain amount of shows or time.
I want to overwrite those automations

I always set my subscriptions to save the file forever. I figure I would just manually delete them if needed.

But after reading your post, I looked for a place (tag) where the instructions to "delete file after X days" might be kept and I could not find it. I assume MC is tracking the date and file so it knows when to delete. It would be nice if it was in a Tag or similar such place that you could see it and edit/delete it if desired.

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2015, 12:06:37 pm »

IIRC it was mentioned that the info is kept in the Registry.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2015, 12:31:36 pm »

TV recording settings default behavior is saved in the registry, but for each individual recording subscription, the info (such as the clean up mode info) is saved in the TV recoding rules.  So the info is not in individual files.

This is a matter of personal style I guess.  You can set MC to never delete any recordings, and manually delete anything you do not want.  But I guess it is a good idea to be able to to the opposite - let MC delete automatically after x days, but be able to exempt individual files from the rules.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Castius

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2015, 12:48:12 pm »

Thanks for understanding. It's certainly not a high priority.
My wife does a pretty good job with our cable dvr. And i'd like to give her similar powers.
As crappy as the hardware/software is in those dvr boxes. They do manage to get the job done.

I can manage things a number of ways already.
For example since i'm starting to use comskip. If we decide to keep a recording perminity.
I may want to clean up the edl and use that to trim it permanently and move to the main video location.
But in "most" cases we may just want to keep something around for awhile.

Thank you for keeping an open mind on these requests.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2015, 07:17:49 pm »

TV recording settings default behavior is saved in the registry, but for each individual recording subscription, the info (such as the clean up mode info) is saved in the TV recoding rules.

Yaobing, do the recording rules use the "Date Recorded" field plus the number of days to keep a recording to work out whether to delete a file?

Because the "Date Recorded" is an editable field. If using a rule that says "Delete after X days", then wouldn't setting the "Date Recorded" well into the future mean that it was "never" deleted?

Of course there are still the "Date Imported", which the default views are sorted by, and "Date Modified" fields available, so it is easy to tell when the video file was created.

Just a thought, and possible work around.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up