INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Annoying audio analysis error behavior  (Read 1273 times)

Lunatique

• World Citizen
Annoying audio analysis error behavior
« on: December 26, 2014, 06:55:18 pm »

Whenever it comes upon a file format it cannot analyze, it would immediately stop after failing to analyze a few files. I have tens of thousands of files to analyze and every time the audio analyses comes to a grinding halt, I have to go into the library and find which files are causing it stop, and make sure they are not selected in the batch of files I want to analyze.

What would work much better, is to simply give us the option to check a box and says something like, "Skip over files that cannot be analyzed and continue to analyze the rest of the files." That will allow the process to run through all the way to the end.

ken-tajalli

• World Citizen
Re: Annoying audio analysis error behavior
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2014, 01:06:38 pm »

Whenever it comes upon a file format it cannot analyze, it would immediately stop after failing to analyze a few files. I have tens of thousands of files to analyze and every time the audio analyses comes to a grinding halt, I have to go into the library and find which files are causing it stop, and make sure they are not selected in the batch of files I want to analyze.

What would work much better, is to simply give us the option to check a box and says something like, "Skip over files that cannot be analyzed and continue to analyze the rest of the files." That will allow the process to run through all the way to the end.

+1
Uncompressed music on PC - Hugo 2 & DX7 pro - Meridian Poweramp,  Sonus Faber Grand Piano

jjfabbsy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 03:32:30 am »

+1

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 04:21:41 am »

The option would be nice. I assume it stops after say 10 errors because that may indicate other problems with your system. (e.g. a failing drive)
However I'd like the option to bypass it. Or at least set the limit to something like 30 rather than 10 files.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2015, 09:37:56 am »

Lunatique, what files cause problems?  Should they cause problems?

If not, please send a sample to matt at jriver dot com.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up