INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.1.265 beta available  (Read 5821 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.1.265 beta available
« on: October 01, 2003, 02:11:47 pm »

Please read carefully before downloading.

This is BETA software.  There are still some known (and unknown) bugs.  

The latest known stable version of 9.1 beta is here:    
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter9_1.exe    

The latest build of 9.1 beta is here:      
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter91265.exe  

Please report only known problems in this thread.   If you want to discuss changes in the UI or make requests, please use another thread.

History:
1. Changed: File property tools update tags when selection / view is changed. (instead of immediately after finishing)
2. Changed: Clicking on tooltips now makes them disappear.
3. Fixed: Tooltips that went up would cover the mouse cursor.
4. Fixed: Drag-n-drop to external programs could crash Media Center.
5. Fixed: After doing an operation that moved / renamed a file, MC would show the "missing" icon even if the file wasn't missing.
6. Changed: Timeout for showing "Saving database..." dialog lengthened -- should appear in less cases.
7. Changed: Added "Genre/Artist/Album" to Add View Scheme preset menu.
8. Fixed: Leaving the Action Window > Tag Info screen could crash MC on Win9x.
9. NEW: Added reset button to TV tuner settings window.
10. Changed: Update APE playback plugin -- faster at seeking / starting playback and better I/O error handling.
11. Changed: Album thumbnails status bar tells number of visible / selected albums.
12. Fixed: Some TV cards would improperly revert to NTSC.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

parannoya

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Media Center 9.1.265 beta available
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2003, 02:32:10 pm »

does this include the fix where after transferring ala carte files to iPod / device, the transfer button remained greyed out and you are unable to perform the task again?

LonWar

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2003, 02:49:32 pm »

I have been doing alot of tagging the last few days and this build is definately better!!

;D ;D ;D

No more window coming up saying saving database

yay
-

knickelfarz

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2003, 02:53:19 pm »

Around 35% CPU Usage When Mouse Rests In PlayerBar Area ? ? ?
With this bug, some previous builds had up to 80% CPU usage, build .257 had up to 40% usage - so it's already improved quite much... but there's still a "leftover" of 15% CPU usage with build .265 that maybe unnecessary:
On my system, MC has about 2% of CPU usage when minimized, 2% to 5% when displaying library.
It uses 2% to 20% when in PlayingNow (dependent on visualization...) - so far so good...
But when the mouse is over the PlayerBar area, about 15% additional CPU usage is needed. It doesn't matter if the mouse is moving or not, if the arrow is over the display, sliders, buttons or just the background. The program is not doing anything more, but it catches these 15%... The memory usage is not increased.

EDIT: This seems not to be a bug of MC...

List Drawing Bug
The button list in the "Customize Menu Bar" dialog does not support the transparency of the "SmallIcons.png".

Top Toolbar Drawing Bug
If "OffsetX" for the "TopBar" has a value greater than 50, the Minimize-, Maximize/Restore-, and Close-Buttons of the Mainframe are overdrawn by the toolbar buttons when resizing MC to a smaller width.

Frame Drawing Bug
The Minimize-, Maximize/Restore-, and Close-Buttons of "Frame"/Dialog windows don't show  "mouse over"/hover effect. Only normal and "mouse down" states are displayed.

No Refresh Of Track Info with Streaming Media
When starting to listen to a web radio station, Playing Now's Track Info template is not reloaded - it shows the "Generated.html" that was created the last time that the station was selected (maybe weeks ago...). Only switching the station or selecting another Track Info template generates a new "Generated.html" with current entries.
When listening to web radio, Playing Now's Track Info does not refresh when a new song starts. It's sticked to the page that was loaded (or rather was forced to load, as mentioned previously...) when you start listening to the station.

---------------------------------------------------------
DirectX 9.0b - Matrox G550

Media Center 9.1.265 -- C:\Programme\Audio\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 2 (Build 2195)
Intel Pentium 4 2016 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 806 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1226 / Shell32.dll: 5.00.3315.2902 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive I:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive J:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive J: TEAC     CD-W524E           Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2003, 03:22:26 pm »

I noticed If I Select Files 100 Files Or So The Count At The Bottom Is 100, But When It Goes To Change The Tags It Is Always "1" Count More Than The True Count on the popup saving x files of xxx files.

it does not happen the first time you use this option but after a few times and the count is always off by one on the saving popup.

and it does not always happen.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

jam

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2003, 09:22:08 pm »

10. Changed: Update APE playback plugin -- faster at seeking / starting playback and better I/O error handling.

Thanks.  Working fantastic now for me.

One new small problem is:

- When I changed from wave to ASIO and click OK in option window while MC9.1 was playing music through wave, MC9.1 caused somehow the confliction between wave and ASIO.  Sound device played the last buffered music repeatedly.  I push STOP and PLAY, the problem was solved.  Old days, playing device was not changed until I push STOP.

ben1000

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2003, 10:40:27 pm »

Here's an strange bug....  

When switching from Mini-me to Mega-me while the Mega-me view is NOT playing now (can be any other view), the little vizulization window from the Mini-me does not disappear, and actually get stuck outside the applications window, on the desktop.  

If you then select 'playing now' in the mega-me, it goes away.  

This happens for me every time I switch from mini to mega to a view that isn't 'playing now'.  

Hope this is easily reproduced... If it matters, I'm using a laptop with an ATI 9000 video chipset.  

Regards,  

Ben

Cmagic

• Enjoying life with a little music....
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2003, 12:03:48 am »

Hi,

Nice build. I like The display of the number of albums in the status bar.

One thing - When in thumbnail view (albums) the tooltip for "Various Artists" albums shows "first track artist - album name" as the first line. Don't you think it would be better to show "Various Artists - Album name" instead ?
I guess the tooltip only uses the Artist field when it should also check the Album Artist field content.

Have a good day,

C.
Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
than the color of his eyes.
Bob Marley (War)

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2003, 12:08:15 am »

This version continues to default to the "home page" of the action window when starting MC.  It used to start up on the last used page (which meant it always started up with the detailed tag info screen on my system) but now I have to hit "file properties" then "tag info" every time I start the program.  It isn't "that" big of a deal, but given that I didn't used to have to do this, it is a feature that is obviously possible, and something I definitely miss.

Is there a way to get the Action Window to default to the detailed tag info screen?

Thanks,

Larry

megcity

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2003, 12:10:19 am »

Downloading.....
Enjoying.....
Thanks.....

slikvik

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2003, 01:10:48 am »

Whats this 'Hold shift to add to playing now' under the quickplay button.

It's always greyed out on mine.

I'm hoping it's a start on the various play types buttons I aksed for!

nivw

• World Citizen
  • "I m singing in the rain, na na nanana..."
.265 b still reverts to NTSC instaid of PAL
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2003, 02:51:28 am »

When ever I run MC, I have to click to watch a chanel, it shows at NTSC (altho I have changed it to PAL).
Now I click advanced, and change the sys tem to PAL. Its not enotgh, I have to click the preview Item and then click OK.
Now I can see TV.

Pls fix it.

Niv

ZRocker

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2003, 05:30:28 am »

Bugs:
1. CDWriter still broken and causes PC lockup on 1st or 2nd track of burn (data cd tested)...even in Test Mode.  Works fine with all other burning programs I have (ECDC, Nero, MyCD Pro)...same Plextor 12/10/32A burner.  This is so frustrating and used to work fine in MJ/MC...now it is crap...is anybody looking at this problem (reported last weekend too in another 26x thread)?

2. Renaming a data cd for burning (under CD, DVD, & Handhelds) does not display the new name under CD, DVD, & Handhelds...display reverts back to Compact Disk (X:).

Media Center Registered 9.1.265 -- G:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 4 (Build 2195)
Intel Pentium II 448 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 109 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1226 / Shell32.dll: 5.00.3700.6705 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive X:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive Z:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:ASPI   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive X: PLEXTOR  CD-R   PX-W1210A   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:12  MaxSpeed:12  BurnProof:Yes
 Test mode: Yes /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: .265 b still reverts to NTSC instaid of PAL
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2003, 05:45:10 am »

I have to click the preview Item and then click OK.

Niv,

I am not sure I understand what you refer to here. But please see my response in the other thread.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

elpaolo

• World Citizen
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2003, 06:30:03 am »

any idea why the download hasn't worked for me?

JohnT

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2003, 07:41:18 am »

Bugs:
1. CDWriter still broken and causes PC lockup on 1st or 2nd track of burn (data cd tested)...even in Test Mode.  Works fine with all other burning programs I have (ECDC, Nero, MyCD Pro)...same Plextor 12/10/32A burner.  This is so frustrating and used to work fine in MJ/MC...now it is crap...is anybody looking at this problem (reported last weekend too in another 26x thread)?

Could you send me a log file of the burn process?

Thanks,
John T.

Turn on MC's logging for CD burning by changing the value of this registry key from zero (0) to one (1):

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JRiver\Media Jukebox\CD Writer\Logger

Then just start up Media Center and try to burn a CD (you can leave test mode checked to avoid creating a coaster). Then exit MC and find a file in the MC program directory called "cdwriter.log" and email that to me. Remember that the log file is overwritten each time you start up MC, so you must send the file before restarting MC.

johnt @ jriver.com
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2003, 08:20:25 am »

Here's an strange bug....  

When switching from Mini-me to Mega-me while the Mega-me view is NOT playing now (can be any other view), the little vizulization window from the Mini-me does not disappear, and actually get stuck outside the applications window, on the desktop.    

If you then select 'playing now' in the mega-me, it goes away.    

This happens for me every time I switch from mini to mega to a view that isn't 'playing now'.    

Hope this is easily reproduced... If it matters, I'm using a laptop with an ATI 9000 video chipset.

I can't reproduce this on XP, 2K, or Win98.  Can anyone else?  And what OS are you using?

In any event, we made a change that may fix it next build, but it's a stab in the dark so let us know.

Thanks.

jimpmc

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2003, 08:34:32 am »

A few TV Tuner Related Items:

- If I hit stop (upper left) while watching TV, Media Center just exits without any crash or error message

- If I am watching (playing) TV, and then add an audio track to the playing now list, it shows both the TV channel and the audio file.  However, if I hit next to switch essentially from TV to the mp3 file, Media Center crashes with the usual Media Jukebox e.exe has generated errors....

The basic issue is that once I start playing TV, there seems to be no way to return to other media types without crashing or quitting.

-J

Media Center Registered 9.1.265 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 3 (Build 2195)
Intel Pentium III 548 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 44 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 / Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.5436 / wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1021) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1999 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.60 (1021)

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive E: IOMEGA   ZIPCD3840INT       Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:12  MaxSpeed:12  BurnProof:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2003, 08:38:03 am »

I noticed If I Select Files 100 Files Or So The Count At The Bottom Is 100, But When It Goes To Change The Tags It Is Always "1" Count More Than The True Count on the popup saving x files of xxx files.

it does not happen the first time you use this option but after a few times and the count is always off by one on the saving popup.

and it does not always happen.

I can't reproduce this.  Any more details on what you're doing and exactly what it says would help.  And is anyone else seeing this?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2003, 09:04:21 am »

Whats this 'Hold shift to add to playing now' under the quickplay button.

It's always greyed out on mine.  

I'm hoping it's a start on the various play types buttons I aksed for!

It's a helpful hint.  If you hold shift while making a Quick Play menu selection, it'll be added to Playing Now instead of replacing Playing Now.

ben1000

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2003, 09:20:26 am »

Howdy...

Here is a small screen capture of the mini-me viz issue. Please note the mini-me viz is 'stuck' outside the mega-me program window..

I'm running WinXPPro. Will let you know if the next build fixes it.

Hope this helps..

Ben

SteveG

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2003, 09:38:01 am »

parranoya,

yes.
Steve

dingoBaby

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2003, 10:25:58 am »

I have found what I think is a bug in this version.  In the Playing Now window I tried to add a column to the current view, while playing a file.  MC immediatly crashed and closed.  I have been able to duplicate it three times in a row.  I also tried to add a column to another view, while playing a file and MC crashed again.  Please let me know if you require further information.
I May Be Listening To:

Marko

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2003, 11:03:49 am »

DSP Settings: Changes to DSP are not being saved when accessed from the playback area of the options dialogue.

Streaming Media: I am building a radio playlist here. Once I have successfully connected to a stream source, I import it to the library and add it to this playlist, along with logos ripped from the respective websites for "coverart". For testing I used these adresses: webradio.m3u

If a stream is playing, and I double click another entry on the list to change stations, MC gets very upset. Problems range from crashing to doing nothing to filling the buffer, playing it, then pausing while the buffer refills etc. etc. Playback of one streaming source must be stopped before starting another.

The bottom entries in this list are being detected as .wma streams, categorised as audio, and when playing, viz'ns work just fine. The .ram links on the other hand are being categorised as video, hence no viz'ns. I have updated the library giving these sources "audio" status, but still no viz'ns.

With ASIO enabled, all these sources play just fine, except for the last one, which after buffering has finished, immediately causes MC to crash leaving the buffer playing over and over. Only a reboot will clear this state.

Media Center Registered 9.1.265 -- C:\Program Files\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1611 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 670 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0001)

Ripping /   Drive P:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive Q:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive R:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive Q: TDK      DVDRW0404N         Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
 Drive R: PLEXTOR  CD-R   PX-W1610A   Addr: 2:1:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
 Test mode: Yes /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes

Listening to: 'Classic FM Live' from 'Radio' by 'Classic FM' on Media Center 9.1

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2003, 11:24:05 am »

Hi all,
I have this strange bug :

About 5percent of my pictures aren't showed in MC9 (1.250) : no thumbnail and a black full screen when trying to play them.
All my images were taken with a digital camera (Canon S200) and are correctly displayed with other programs like ACDSEE, Paint or the basic windows picture viewer.

For 3 shots taken within the same minute, the first and the last could be ok but not the 2nd (not displayed in MC). None of my shots were modified.

Am I the only one who get this problem?
David.

Any chance you could send a sample or two to matt @ jriver.com (no spaces)

I haven't had this problem with my Canon digital...

Thanks!

SouthsideIrish

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2003, 11:24:08 am »

OK, I just reinstalled .265 and tried to do a sync, and MC9 crashed again. I usually perform the sync operation by right clicking on the I drice and clicking on Sychronize. When this happens the view changes and shows a bunch of files in the I:\Ipod_Control directory and I see a dialog box telling that the portable is syncing to MC9, then it immediately crashes.

-----

Media Center Registered 9.1.265 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 2000  Server 5.0 Service Pack 4 (Build 2195)
AMD Athlon 1532 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 235 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1226 / Shell32.dll: 5.00.3700.6705 / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0001)

Ripping /   Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max

Burning /  Drive G: TDK      CDRW321040B        Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:32  MaxSpeed:32  BurnProof:Yes

-----

I also cannot reinitialize  the iPod as MC9 is also crashing while performing that operation.

BTW I am also happy with what Steve is doing and have no complaints whatsoever. Adam and Chris can tell you how much I couldn't stand their commercials for MC9 on another board, but I came to realize that MC9 was a great app for some people, but I wasn't one of those as I was quite happy with WMP9. Well, once I got the gen 3 iPod, I came to realize that the only way I could live with the crappy battery life was to use playlists and since I'm too lazy to create them I needed to go with smartlists, and that meant I had to get MC9. Well, I certainly am just as happy with MC9 as Adam and Chris and could certainly become the Evanglists that they are, but they are much better communicators than I will ever be, so I will leave that to them.

Oh, and the best complement I can give MC9 is that I have totally removed as much of WM9 as possible and it is now my only tagger, ripper, mediaplayer. And this is coming from someone who was never going to get rid of EAC! MC9 really is the best ripper for the copy-protected Japanese CD's that I buy.

Bill McNair

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
  • How am I supposed to enjoy this with you crying?
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2003, 11:36:28 am »

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/09/09   Priority: Low
    Folder Displayed Twice
    In My Computer, if a folder is dragged to a new location it appears two times.

Also, when listening to an MP3 stream and then listening to local MP3s, the sound is usually garbled and distorted.  Only solution is to close and re-open MC9.  I can't remember if this is a known issue, unreproducable, deferred, or what.

Also, occasionally when bringing MC9 back from a "minimized-to-tray" state, I get the following graphical glitch:

Toast goes in the toaster.

LisaRCT

« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2003, 11:41:26 am »

"6. Changed: Timeout for showing "Saving database..." dialog lengthened -- should appear in less cases. " 

Why does this appear in the regular course of playing files or internet radio, if no changes have/are being made to the database?

matshif

« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2003, 12:23:35 pm »

Hi all
This product is getting better every day.

For the first time since ages I got an auto update when I started MC.

I was ask if I wanted to install a new MP3 Encoder version 2.0.58. I did, but when I started MC again I have still the old version, 2.0.55 :-/

Mats
Pages: [1]   Go Up