INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC20 and Tidal streaming  (Read 4034 times)

focussed

• Recent member
MC20 and Tidal streaming
« on: February 17, 2015, 03:37:03 pm »

Hi, I have MC19 at present, as I did not see any personal benefit in MC20 as I only use JRiver for listening to ripped CD's, however now I intend to get into streaming....
Tidal seems to give the best combination of SQ and choice, however the killer for me is the lack of any android remote to control Tidal.
I have read somewhere on here that MC20 installs itself differently to previous versions, which allows routing of all audiovisual signals through itself, (or something like that) ...so....
What I'm therefore hoping for is that MC20 will allow me to remotely control Tidal (and Spotify) through Gizmo or Bubble UPNP, both of which I use at present for JRiver.
Can an enlightened JRiver user please confirm if I'm correct, in which case, I'll upgrade to MC20
thanks

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC20 and Tidal streaming
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 09:55:16 pm »

MC 20 includes a windows driver that can be used as a "virtual sound card" on your computer, to route audio from other applications through MC's audio engine.  This is very cool, and allows you to use MC's DSP and audio engine features to give you all the power and flexibility you've come to love from MC with external applications.  Since it shows up to the system like it is a physical sound card, it works with all applications that know how to make sound.

It does not allow you to remote control third-party applications.

A birdie tells me this isn't over yet, though.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

focussed

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2015, 03:54:57 am »

Thanks Glynor, the birdie has also spilled the beans to me, so I'll watch the birdie nest to see what develops! ;D

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2015, 04:11:51 am »

A birdie tells me this isn't over yet, though.

Is this something to do with "chick+ens" aka pythons ??

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=80792.0
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

adiebear

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 09:24:36 am »

Thanks Glynor, the birdie has also spilled the beans to me, so I'll watch the birdie nest to see what develops! ;D

Has the birdie flown the nest?
The Tidal has come in here in South Africa and I reckon it'll be a hit as none of the other streaming services have. Sure you can jimmy an overseas account I guess for x, y,z, but most folk (self included) won't.
Lenovo Tiny>Audioquest Jitterbug>Cary Audio DAC100t>Modwright LS100 pre>Hypex Ncore monoblocks>Eminent Technology LFT8B's and Vandersteen 2Wq subs. Cardas/Audiomica cables

focussed

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2015, 02:35:27 pm »

I've now got tidal streaming, output directly to my DAC. The FLAC option sounds pretty good, difficult to distinguish between ripped CDs and streaming.  As I use JRiver for audio only, it seems to make JR redundant, the only thing I'm missing is a remote control. If I insall MC20, and activate the WDM, will MC then act as a remote control for Tidal?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2015, 02:42:35 pm »

No.  It only routes sound through MC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up