INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Popping sound between different format files  (Read 1060 times)

Ki Choi

• Recent member
Popping sound between different format files
« on: April 10, 2015, 03:34:18 pm »

Hi,

Not sure if the subject had been covered already...

I mostly play WAVs of CD rips, 176/24 DVD-A rips, DSD64fs and DSD128fs files from LP and Mater tape rips from digital recorder.  I send the raw data to Mytek Stereo 192 DSD DAC. 

As I create the play list of different files, as long as I keep several files of same format in contiguous playing, I get silent transitions from track to track but when I mix in different format especially the DSD files after WAV or WAV ->DSD, I get pretty loud pops before next track plays as if when MC20 making the format change and it is sending the static pop to the DAC.

I tried increasing time before track playing and buffer size but no luck.

Any hints on how to overcome the issue would be much appreciated.

Ki

Trumpetguy

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 04:22:43 pm »

On my lynx Aurora dac this happens when the dac locks on a new clock speed, i.e. when a new track with a different sample rate starts. It is my dac's  fault I my case.

Ki Choi

• Recent member
Re: Popping sound between different format files
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 05:19:32 pm »

Thanks for your response.  I was thinking the same.  It has to be the track transition of different file format and sample rates causing the popping sound.  I sent a message to Michal at Mytek to see if he has a firmware fix for it.

Ki

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2015, 06:33:02 pm »

You can use MC's DSP Studio > Output Settings to resample everything to the highest the DAC will do reliably.

Ki Choi

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2015, 12:23:11 pm »

Thanks Jim.

I tried to configure output to be all native 2xDSD as I had been playing the Mytek for DSD files.  It might be my laptop's lack of CPU power...but the CD WAV files sample rate conversion by MC20 while playing resulted in breaks in audio playback.

The other issues I had noticed - when I play the 2xDSD files and hit Stop, it also generates click or pop type of noise through by system.  Again, if i were to continue to play another 2xDSD files without Stop, there's no popping noise.

Ki

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2015, 02:04:14 pm »

Try something lower than 2x DSD.  Keep trying lower until it works.
Pages: [1]   Go Up